jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    --UPDATE 2--
    I will be driving to get the barrels on SUNDAY 10 APR 11 in the morning.

There is a contact I have made in Elmwood Park, IL who has 55 gallon water barrels for sale for $15 each. The barrels had prior food liquids in them (lemon extract, vanilla extract, orange extract, coffee flavoring, etc.) He gets them directly from a food processing plant that does margarita mixes. He has white or blue barrels.

I can bring back up to 8 in my van. I have 4 slots left open if someone is interested. Cost is $15 for the barrel plus $10 for gas/my time. You would have to pick up from my location (Griffith). If you toss in some ammo (.45 ACP or 7.62x39) I could be persuaded to drop them off at your location (provided you are in LAKE COUNTY).

I am looking at going [STRIKE]SAT 26 APR 2011 or [/STRIKE]SAT 02 APR 2011 depending on how soon the contact can get the 8 barrels. I would need the cash for the barrel up front. You can pay the other (my time/gas) when you pick up the barrel.

Slot 1 - TAKEN by Bill B (Rain Barrel) [PAID]
    Slot 2 - TAKEN by Bill B (Rain Barrel) [PAID]
    Slot 3 - TAKEN by me [PAID]
    Slot 4 - TAKEN by me [PAID]
    Slot 5 - TAKEN by stillearning09 (prefers white barrel) [PAID]
    Slot 6 - TAKEN by hereyee3
    Slot 7 - TAKEN by hereyee3
    Slot 8 - TAKEN by hereyee3

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Only 3 slots left. Got a text back from my contact in IL and he advised he won't know until FRI if he will have 8 barrels for SAT 26 APR 11. So right now we are on hold. Those on the list as soon as the seller can confirm 8 I will make the trip.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just got word from my contact in IL. He only has 2 bluee barrels that han vanilla rigth now. They are on hold for us. He has 2 more that had vinegar. So for the time being we are on hold until he can comiit to the 8 we want. He advised that hopefully by next weekend he can get them ready for us. :(

Still have 3 slots open if anyone is interested.

hereyee3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    Any remaining?

Are there any left? Can you get more? Please let me know. I also have a truck and could make a run up with you. Thanks.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    There are still 3 slots avaliable in my van for the pick-up.
    I have to call the guy on THRS to find out if he will have our 8 barrels ready this weekend. He can get more but rigth now between our order and another order he is maxed out on his supply. He can only get about 1 to 2 barrels per week from where he gets them from. & thus why it is taking him a bit to come up with so many for us.

Do you want to be included in this group buy? If you want more than 3 I can provide you with this contact info so you can drive up to Chicago yourself if you like.

He is in the WEST suburbs of Chicago BTW.

hereyee3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    Awesome

Yes, I'll take the remaining 3 or how ever many are left to complete the group buy. Let me know when you need the funds and when pickup is or if you need me to also drive up, etc.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yes, I'll take the remaining 3 or how ever many are left to complete the group buy. Let me know when you need the funds and when pickup is or if you need me to also drive up, etc.

Do you care about the color: blue or white?
    Do you want a rain barrel or a water barrel.
    Both have ONLY had food "liquids" but the ones that he has for "rain barrel" typically have had vineagr, pickles, or coffee in them before. Yes you can uses these for "drinking water" but your water may have a bit of an after taste to it.

hereyee3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    Blue

Blue is preferred but white will work too. Will be using for water storage. Don't mind the taste but if too bad I may be able to clean them and if not, I'll figure out another use.

Any idea on the timing?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I text the person @ 10AM today and have yet to hear back from him. So I'm still pending on a reply on **IF** he will have them ready this week. If he does I will drive up SAT morning and be back by noonish. I'll post an update tonight once I get word from him.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I just got word from my contact that he has 8 barrels for us for Sunday.
    3 Blues (I'm taking 2 blues) and the rest white.

So @ Bill B & hereyees3 do you want me to drop them off at your place or you want to pick them up? PM your address if you want a drop off on Sunday.
    Bill B cost is $30 (no delivery) or $40 w/ delivery for 2 barrels
    hereyees3 is $45 (no delivery) or $55 w/ delivery for 3 barrels

@stillearning09 I'll hold for you until you can pick up or can send you dad.
    Cost is $15 for you as I'm do doing a delivery.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom