• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo117

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I just picked up my first Glock in a trade and I'm having doubts. It's a gen 3 G27 and I was in love with the thing right up until I took it to the range yesterday. Accurate and reliable, for sure, but it just isn't a good fit in the hand for me.

And I know precisely why--those finger bumps. They just don't line up quite right with my fingers. I could convince myself it wasn't that bad while I was pow-powing at imaginary ninjas climbing over my privacy fence from the back porch ,but when it came time to actually hold onto the thing while putting holes in paper I came away less than impressed.

I know I can have the bumps ground down and the front strap stippled, and I'm tempted to do it. I really want to like this gun. But I don't know anyone in the Fort Wayne area that does it, hate having to spend the money to ship it, and wonder if I should just trade it for something that fits rather than spend the time and money to customize it.

What do you think, grind it or trade it?

zacdudek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2011
    Grabill IN
    Why not try putting Talon Grips on it? I know a lot of guys who don't like the grip on the Gen 3's and have put an after market grip on it and been pretty happy. If that doesn't work i'd take Badmax's advice. For the small amount i've shot the XD's i really liked them. The only thing that was strange for me was the back of grip safety (Not sure of official term) <N00b> it just seemed strange when I was shooting and would need some practice prior to carrying it.

jpo117

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Baldmax, funny you should say trade it for an XD. My wife has an XD9sc that I'm not entirely in love with but could probably take a liking to (what can I say, I'm a man of shallow convictions). Plus she's got a thing for recoil so maybe I ought to do the dishes, take out the trash, and sweet talk her into a trade... lol

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    I would not be grinding.

If it doesn't fit then I'd move it out.

I looked at the Glocks, didn't fit my hands, so I passed on them and kept looking.
    They have a good following but are not for everybody.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    you might try a finger extension?

if you have all that custom work done, and you still don't like the feel, your gonna have a heck of a lot harder time getting rid of it

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Make it your own. Grind it :D. Jim
    g26-4.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I did everything I could to make my Glock(s) fit. I stippled, ground, etc., and even bought a Gen2, but it just wasn't right. If you grind it and then decide to sell, you should consider the fact that you may have to sell at a lower price.

There are too many people on here who would be willing to let you try their gun before you go and buy something else you won't like. Meet some folks at the range, bring some ammo and try out a few options. You may even be able to find a ground-down G27 to try out.

jpo117

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I did everything I could to make my Glock(s) fit. I stippled, ground, etc., and even bought a Gen2, but it just wasn't right. If you grind it and then decide to sell, you should consider the fact that you may have to sell at a lower price.

Yeah, that's what I'm really worried about. I'm about 75% sure I'll be happy with a little customization, but I'm becoming more inclined to just get something else rather than go through the effort and expense. Guess it's on to a different flavor of kool-aid! :dunno:

Top Bottom