• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I've been lurking for a couple months now, I figured it was time for me to finally sound off and introduce myself. As you should surmise from my handle and this thread's title, I am a former Marine (Sgt., MOS 2841; 1988-1993 Active, 1996-1998 Reserves), student of the Warrior arts of Japan, and resident of the same for the past 10 years. Born in Indianapolis, I try to get (everyone sing along!) "back home again...in Indiana..." :rockwoot:about once a year or so, the last time being back in June. Naturally I spend quality time :ar15: on the range whenever I go back. :draw:

I work in Tokyo and train in Iaido ---- Suimokai ---- and Aikido, since I can't :xmad: bring my guns :smileak: here to shoot...

Anyway, greetings to all :wavey:...and if anyone has any questions about Japan, I'll be glad to give my :twocents: ...

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Greetings from Fishers. I spent two weeks in Kyushu several years ago. Much of the time was spent in Fukuoka but I got to travel to other parts of the island. I'd like to get back to Japan some day. I enjoyed my time there!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    :welcome: to the site! Japan? Awesome!

My daughter was dating a fellow who was a Japanese language major. When she brought him to meet us I let him know that I had studied up and found that "daughter's new boyfriend" translated to "baka yarou" and asked if he minded if that's what I called him. Very awkward silence.

(I loved it:D)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    :welcome: to the site! Japan? Awesome!

My daughter was dating a fellow who was a Japanese language major. When she brought him to meet us I let him know that I had studied up and found that "daughter's new boyfriend" translated to "baka yarou" and asked if he minded if that's what I called him. Very awkward silence.

(I loved it:D)

すげぇじゃん...面白い!~=> Sweet! :laugh: Did you also make him aware of your possession of a collection firearms :draw:, a shovel, and a big backyard? :D

Haven't been to Kyushu yet, Fenway, but that may change in the near future. I have a friend that just got a job offer in Fukuoka, so that will be a reason to finally go and check out that part of the country.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    こんにちは。始めまして。私の名前は sarge です 日本語「よく」話せません。こんばんは。 :twocents:

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Greetings from Fishers. I spent two weeks in Kyushu several years ago. Much of the time was spent in Fukuoka but I got to travel to other parts of the island. I'd like to get back to Japan some day. I enjoyed my time there!
    Fenway... this is supposed to be a family friendly web forum. Please watch your language! :):

:welcome: bushido devil dog. Konishiwa?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom