• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just to add some back story, some items were stolen from those who dropped/left their things and ran.

The cookie place in the mall took what was on their counter and secured it, and gave it back to those who claimed it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    For what it's worth, I'll note that Dicken was violating the idiotic Greenwood Park Mall "Gun Free Zone" rule.
    This whole incident was a glaring example of why GFZ.s are an utter abject failure and don't save lives. Thank heaven that Dicken chose to disregard that senseless rule.

And thank heaven that signs don't carry the weight of law in Indiana because chances are if they did the murderous hell bound subhuman that broke the law with the intent to kill as many unarmed helpless souls as he could would've been the only one armed.

A GFZ didn't save any lives. Eli Dicken did.`

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    If he is supposedly an untrained concealed carrier, I would love to see what a fully trained person would do.
    Part of it is training part of it is instincts. Some people with all the training in the world freeze. Some advance. Sone run. We don’t know what any of us would do in that same situation. I just hope I’d have the same testicular fortitude as this young man if faced with the same situation.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    In the video shared earlier from Colin Noir, Noir gives some FBI stats on shootings stopped by civilians. Does anyone have a reference to where that data is collated?

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Maybe too many Al Capone movies growing up, but I always try to sit at a place with at minimum a good view of the place (restaurant) I’m at.
    Didn't watch that many Al Capone movies growing up but I still try to sit facing the door with a good general view of the restaurant. Sitting with my back to the door makes me uncomfortable. Its just good SA practice. :thumbsup:

:ingo:

Dean Weingarten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    At least 2.
    Looking at what Chief Ison said on the interviews I watched, I did not see him say Gomez was armed. I saw him say the killer had a pistol but did not have time to use it.

This will get cleared up, but the reporting that Gomez was armed seems from early on the 18th or on the 19th, and no further confirmation I can find. I have not seen a clear quote from Chief Ison or anyone else mention that Gomez was armed.

Top Bottom