www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Understood.

But then there is your wife and kids, who just might not resist "The Mall." Then where are you when called upon? Unarmed for real...

:scratch:
    Luckily they are introverts that dont like people. And not a fan of crowds so they arent too keen on the mall unless they HAVE to.
    But I get your point. At this point if they need to go, I'm packin. And if they ever did try to turn the place into an airport, even the wife and kids would say "f that! go pull up amazon."

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Understood.

But then there is your wife and kids, who just might not resist "The Mall." Then where are you when called upon? Unarmed for real...

:scratch:
    Southlake Mall up here is not some place most sane people want to visit anymore. It is more a hangout for juvenile delinquents than anything else.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Careful what you ask for though. Deep pockets like these lose that kind of lawsuit and next step could be metal detectors and guards on the doors.

No more CYA "rules" that go unenforced.

No More Eli, no more me, no more you in the mall. Ever.

Just sayin'...

:nono:
    I would be perfectly happy never again entering a mall.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    and when did that matter? some lawyers.....
    Indiana law provides complete civil immunity to a person who uses force (including deadly force) if that force is justified under Indiana’s self-defense statute. Ind. Code § 35-41-3-2. If a court determines a person who files a lawsuit was committing a forcible felony or attempting to cause unlawful serious bodily injury or death at the time justified force was used against them in self-defense, the case will be dismissed. The original attacker will be required to cover additional costs, including attorneys’ fees. This law also applies to the family or estate of a person who is killed through the justified use of force. Ind. Code § 34-30-31-1.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Careful what you ask for though. Deep pockets like these lose that kind of lawsuit and next step could be metal detectors and guards on the doors.

No more CYA "rules" that go unenforced.

No More Eli, no more me, no more you in the mall. Ever.

Just sayin'...

:nono:
    I'm there now, nothing at Greenwood mall that I can't get elsewhere. I did sneak in there a couple of years ago when they opened to the Hakky shoe repair to get the handle of my range bag reattached and back the next morning to retrieve it. My interest in the mall died several years prior the Eli's episode and I can't imagine anything will rekindle it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I remember some news story not that long ago bemoaning the death of malls and I'm like, good. I'd occasionally go to a restaurant attached to a mall, but malls themselves I can definitely do without.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I remember some news story not that long ago bemoaning the death of malls and I'm like, good. I'd occasionally go to a restaurant attached to a mall, but malls themselves I can definitely do without.

Yep. The only thing I cant get proper elsewhere is Bourbon Chicken from the Chinese place. I've tried making it with several recipes but cant quite get it right.

Probably because Im actually using bourbon, not bourbon flavoring. LOL

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    so.....if the entire mall was a food court.....
    Yep. The only thing I cant get proper elsewhere is Bourbon Chicken from the Chinese place. I've tried making it with several recipes but cant quite get it right.

I'm not even a fan of the food court, though my ex-wife loved them. The only thing I miss was the big aquarium under Mall of America back when I lived 20 minutes from it when I lived in Minnesota. That and one of the restaurants there were the only attractions for me.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I'm not even a fan of the food court, though my ex-wife loved them. The only thing I miss was the big aquarium under Mall of America back when I lived 20 minutes from it when I lived in Minnesota. That and one of the restaurants there were the only attractions for me.
    Camp Snoopy and no sales tax on clothes. :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Camp Snoopy and no sales tax on clothes. :)

When my stepson was still young, it was great taking him to the Legoland there. The wife and I could sit on the picnic tables watching him play while snacking on mini-chocolate chip cookies and coffee from the place next door. I'd forgotten about that until you said Camp Snoopy. Of course, even before I left MN back in 2011, gangs and other BS made the mall a lot less safe than it had been. I shudder to think of what it must be like now.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    When my stepson was still young, it was great taking him to the Legoland there. The wife and I could sit on the picnic tables watching him play while snacking on mini-chocolate chip cookies and coffee from the place next door. I'd forgotten about that until you said Camp Snoopy. Of course, even before I left MN back in 2011, gangs and other BS made the mall a lot less safe than it had been. I shudder to think of what it must be like now.
    I go up there about once/year for work. Hit up the outlet mall in Eagan and wife goes to the MoA

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

You're spot on with your analysis!

We need someone to bring bourbon chicken out of malls!

Top Bottom