• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    What was the name of the gun mfr in the 90's that made custom revolvers. I went to his shop and he was also making kitchen aid mixer parts.

The revolvers were large and he didn't make many at any one time.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Century Arms, the business moved there from Evansville.
    It didn’t move, gene Phelps and earl keller (century manufacturing) had a falling out, gene tried to start a new company making one out of stainless steel, earl continued to make sand cast 45-70 brass frame revolvers in Evansville, after earl passed his wife sold the business, the person who bought the company moved it north and changed the name to “century arms”.

I know two people who own them, one was serial #222, because he loved the 222 caliber (his son owns it now) and the other bought it directly from earl!

Now for a piece of trivia! The serial numbers (on the Evansville made version) were hand engraved by Mike Dubber, one of the best engravers in the world!

https://firearmsengraving.com/

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I remember the guy he looked like general Custer with the mustache and all.
    The engraving guy was a true master and as I remember he must have fell into very troubled waters and did not survive the swim.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I remember the guy he looked like general Custer with the mustache and all.
    The engraving guy was a true master and as I remember he must have fell into very troubled waters and did not survive the swim.
    If your talking about Mike dubber, he’s still engraving (or was a year or two ago) he’s got an apprentice that’s not to shabby either

I ran into him at a gun show and he was showing off… and I mean showing off! Had a ruger vaquero that belonged in a museum not on a gun show table!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If your talking about Mike dubber, he’s still engraving (or was a year or two ago) he’s got an apprentice that’s not to shabby either

I ran into him at a gun show and he was showing off… and I mean showing off! Had a ruger vaquero that belonged in a museum not on a gun show table!
    Yep, looks like he still has a website, etc https://firearmsengraving.com/

Top Bottom