• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    30 minutes (even 15 minutes) seems like a REALLY long time for a burglar to be making all kinds of noise attempting to compromise a gun safe instead of grabbing stuff sitting in plain sight...especially for a crime of opportunity.

A reciprocating saw in a closed up home is not going to be heard from outside a well constructed home. I've seen break ins where the thieves stole everything in the open. Went through and emptied every drawer and cabinet in the house and took those items they wanted. And then hooked a chain to the safe to sheer the bolts holding the safe to the wood decking loose. They then loaded the safe into the back of a pickup truck and drove all of this out of a gated community with CCTV cameras. I dont know how long they were in the house, but the actions they undertook didnt indicate they were in a hurry. Some people are smash and grab thieves. Others are content to take their time.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Yes. They are very good safes. But you still need additional measures. Relying on just a safe is setting yourself up for disappointment down the road. But this safe on sale with the appropriate measures would be good too. Deter. Delay. Detect. The harder you prepare, the more likely your place will deter an attack. If your place is attacked, the goal is to delay until the calvary arrives. In order for that to happen you need a means of detection when you are not home... ie alarm.

Thanks. I do have a monitored home security system (with cell backup in case the internet is down), so this would just be one layer of security.

Top Bottom