• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Fenway's said on several occasions that he wants INGO to be free to use, so I can't see him making a members-only section. That said, I really wish there was a good way to keep non-contributing members from taking unfair advantage of that policy, especially as we grow larger.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Fenway's said on several occasions that he wants INGO to be free to use, so I can't see him making a members-only section. That said, I really wish there was a good way to keep non-contributing members from taking unfair advantage of that policy, especially as we grow larger.

It is hard to watch the site grow and change, it is up to each of us to make the site a better place.

We have to keep in mind that newbs sometimes act strange but this might be their first time in a forum that is basicly a group of great guys, lets try to cut them some slack see if some of the goodness rub off on them.

One thing that I love about this site is that I often get much more out of it then I was looking for.

I reunited with a friend that I hadn't seen in over a year and I have made some friends.

I want to thank INGO for introducing me to Mettle, great guy, nice family.

He is one of the good guys! (just showing him a little man love :laugh:)

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    I like the idea of using every section of this site for free except for the classified section. Its sad that it has come to this but I see your point Scutter.Could you run it by Fenway and see what he has to say about it?

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I like the idea of using every section of this site for free except for the classified section. Its sad that it has come to this but I see your point Scutter.Could you run it by Fenway and see what he has to say about it?

Ok so if we do that what do we do when someone who pays the 10.00 trys to sell stuff higher then we think is right? Do we kick them out ?

Admins don't have enough time to police it, and don't get me started about voting on memebers.

Haven't you noticed that the people that have tried to sell high/cheat go away on their own.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I like the idea of not being able to sell anything on here unless you are a site supporter. That would eliminate the fly by night scam artists and make people who are serious about selling stuff pay for a site membership if they havent already (bRAD). Its a win win situation. :ingo:
    :laugh: Yeah, I've seen some of his ads!

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Ok, how about this. Could the software somehow flag a classified seller with a yet to be determined post count, or other criteria by showing his name in a different color in the listings? That way, people would know, without even clicking it, that it may be a "fly by nighter?" :dunno:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I don't think it unreasonable to up the post count required to 25. OR set a time limit before you can post a WTS. Say, 2 weeks? Most scammers won't want to wait that long, I would think. Just my :twocents:

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I don't think we should move the classifieds to a private forum, just make a new classifieds in the private forum. The gougers will more than likely stay in the free classifieds cuz, well its free. Even if a few gougers make it into the private classifieds it wont be such a headache.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    This would punish everyone for the behabior of so few. I do not try to rip anyone off and very few here seem to do that. You would have far fewer items for sale if it is so limited.

I seriously do not understand the cliquishness here. We all see and understand too high of prices for the market. We ignore it or send them a PM telling them they might be asking too much. That should suffice. I would highly recommend not trying to put up more walls and barriers that would keep people from WANTING to be a contributing member. Just my 2 cents.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I think the easiest thing to do would make the classifieds so only site supporters could put ads up. is it really too much to ask to drop $10 once a year to make some extra $$$ if $10 a year is too much you don't need the internet because you are dead broke. that would probably honest up the classifieds IMO.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    I have no problem with non site supporters. I believe everyone on here has some valuable knowledge to share one way or another. My only suggestion was to limit the classified section to site supporters only. The rest of the site would be open to everyone else to learn and contribute to.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom