• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Here's some irony for you. I had a plan when the stimulus came out to cynically tap into some of the spending that was supposed to be allocated to education and training. I work in that field as a private training and training development company.

Our plan was to get some of the 10 billion that was supposed to be spent on training projects.

What we found is that nobody is able to tap that money. It apparently has gone to states and they have either not allocated it or somehow it has ended up in the general fund. Everyone in my field is laughing about it. Where is all the stimulus money? No one knows.

So even my cynical plan to join 'em because I couldn't beat 'em was thwarted by the government.

drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida
    My son is a project manager for an Engineering Co. He noted that the road work going on created no new jobs. All it did was create a big backlog on the companies that do that type of work. Most of the road work being done with the stimulus money is unnecessary.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    But obama-messiah said that the money was going to jump start the economy with a huge "build America" employing a zillion people! You mean he lied????

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    It was not just B.O. to blame for this one though. This all started with Bush and continued with Obama, funny how we had the same Congress for both though.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The funny thing about stimulus money, is that even if it does work the way it's supposed to, people only stay employed as long as the stimulus keeps rolling in.

To keep the stimulus rolling in you (Federal Government) need to either borrow more or tax more.

And so on and so forth until the State just owns everything.

Good times.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    My son is a project manager for an Engineering Co. He noted that the road work going on created no new jobs. All it did was create a big backlog on the companies that do that type of work. Most of the road work being done with the stimulus money is unnecessary.
    Would that same backlog exist if the construction companies hired additional people?

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    If they're already guaranteed the contract, why hire more people and incurr more cost?

When an incentive is improperly applied, it can have unintended consequences.
    Given the current economic climate, can understand the reluctance to hire people not knowing how long there will be work for them.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I'm listening right now to a webinar that explains how to navigate the red tape in order to feed at the government trough. If you can get through the maze, they give you the cheese.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I'm listening right now to a webinar that explains how to navigate the red tape in order to feed at the government trough. If you can get through the maze, they give you the cheese.

Yeah except the cheese tastes like :poop: and really isn't all the filling.

Top Bottom