• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A-Aron88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Covid has only emboldened government and anyone not taking this information seriously should probably wake up.

Clearly laws are only for the people these days and not government officials.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My guess is that the info will somehow find it's way out into public so anybody searching the internet can get an idea how many guns, what type, and your location. Provides a burglar's shopping list and info for community organizers to have people with signs and phones on your lawn.

Instant gun control for leadership and they don't have to do anything more than an oops with the data.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    My guess is that the info will somehow find it's way out into public so anybody searching the internet can get an idea how many guns, what type, and your location. Provides a burglar's shopping list and info for community organizers to have people with signs and phones on your lawn.

Instant gun control for leadership and they don't have to do anything more than an oops with the data.
    Get off my lawn or become one with it. Your choice..

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I especially like the new ATF regs that include never destroying 4473, used to be at 20yrs ffl could destroy. Oh, and the super efficient 4473 that includes buyer's personal info and weapons info on one page. "We're not creating an easily searched database. We'd just like all your information stored, digitally, in one location, on government owned computers."

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw

Agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) raided the Skelton Tactical gun shop, 6196 Osage Beach Parkway in Osage Beach, at approximately 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 9.

According to gun shop owner Jim Skelton, approximately 15 agents entered the shop – seven deep -- in full riot gear bearing automatic weapons.

Skelton’s brother, Ike Skelton, a witness at the gun shop during the raid said, “When I started to record them they took my cell phone and told me to stop. They searched me and took my gun.” ATF agents confiscated all the guns in Skelton Tactical, and Ike’s business, Skelton Key and Lock, claiming it was for their ‘safety’.”

The ATF was at Skelton Tactical all day on Tuesday.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Note to self… Never vote for Snoop if he runs for office!

Excellent post, perfect analogies.
    If I ever ran for office, my focus would be to stop government overeach and reduce it's regulations, size and spending. The government works for us.

First priorites would be cutting spending, lifting the import ban on Russian and Chinese ammo and building the wall.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    If I ever ran for office, my focus would be to stop government overeach and reduce it's regulations, size and spending. The government works for us.

First priorites would be cutting spending, lifting the import ban on Russian and Chinese ammo and building the wall.
    I should’ve used purple text. Of course, I know you’re on our side.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Meanwhile in Virginia...

A Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request filed by Gun Owners of America (GOA) shows that the Commonwealth of Virginia incorrectly added over 46,000 of its citizens to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) indices.

According to Virginia State law, anyone who is voluntarily committed to a mental institution loses their gun rights. Only potential buyers who have been committed involuntarily or have been will lose their gun rights federally. Even though they lose their state gun rights, they are not prohibited from buying firearms by federal law.

This is a unique feature that allows the state to place more restrictions on it's citizens.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Meanwhile in Virginia...

A Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request filed by Gun Owners of America (GOA) shows that the Commonwealth of Virginia incorrectly added over 46,000 of its citizens to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) indices.

According to Virginia State law, anyone who is voluntarily committed to a mental institution loses their gun rights. Only potential buyers who have been committed involuntarily or have been will lose their gun rights federally. Even though they lose their state gun rights, they are not prohibited from buying firearms by federal law.

This is a unique feature that allows the state to place more restrictions on it's citizens.
    Wow. So 'single point of contact' states, FFL's only contact the state database? Not NICS?
    But the state must submit to 'audits' ?? by the fed... Further, a prohibited person within a 'single point of contact' state could, theoretically, purchase a firearm privately, in another state or win a firearm in a raffle, inherit a firearm, etc. and still be legal federally.?
    Confused I am.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

22ishplinkster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Indianapolis
    So the meat behind this is the attempt to change the 20 year burn rule. AKA today, FFL need to keep their records for 20 years. If they go out of business before then, they need to send records to ATF, But after 20 years they can delete them.

Source for the following info:

When the ATF gets the 4479, they actually scan them in, but they cant run OCR on the forms due to other laws on the books preventing a searchable database. So instead they archive the records as PDFs by date and FFL.

All thats preventing a national gun registry is a few thousand dollars on AWS. (OCR on existing PDFs) And these laws on the books prohibiting a gun registry. Midterms are so important!

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) raided the Skelton Tactical gun shop, 6196 Osage Beach Parkway in Osage Beach, at approximately 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 9.

According to gun shop owner Jim Skelton, approximately 15 agents entered the shop – seven deep -- in full riot gear bearing automatic weapons.

Skelton’s brother, Ike Skelton, a witness at the gun shop during the raid said, “When I started to record them they took my cell phone and told me to stop. They searched me and took my gun.” ATF agents confiscated all the guns in Skelton Tactical, and Ike’s business, Skelton Key and Lock, claiming it was for their ‘safety’.”

The ATF was at Skelton Tactical all day on Tuesday.
    I have personally heard that :bs: "For our safety" before and it is :bs:

Top Bottom