• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    For about a year I've had a 10mm pistol on the list in the back of my mind. I had always been thinking Glock, since that is kind of my default. But lately I've been thinking about a Colt Delta Elite. I don't have a Government Model of any kind. Would I be making a mistake to go with the Colt 10mm?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Not in the least! The DE is a good gun for the 10mm. It's next on my list in my 10mm collection and will be the first 1911 I've had in over a decade. In the Glock's favor, if you are already comfortable with Glocks, the G20 is the sweetest shooting 10mm on the market. The only better I ever had was the Star Megastar, but that was because the gun was 51 oz dry.

To return the favor of your offer of letting me shoot your new Kahr, if you make out down my way (Williams), you're welcome to try my G20.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    10mm

I love my G20. It is a great 10mm and doesn't kick nearly as bad as i would expect. If you are interested in a Glock in 10mm there is a G20C at Bradis and a G20 at Plainfield shooting Supplies. (as of yesterday evening).

If you liked the old Bren Ten, Vltor is coming out with a new and improved version very shortly.
    Vltor’s Weblog
    It was called the Fortis but they have gotten the rights to use the Bren Ten name.
    The distributor is Sporting Products

Depending on how deep your pockets are Nighthawk Customs makes a 10mm longslide 19111. ~$3000

Colt has just recently re-released the Delta Elite. The older ones seem like great guns to me but i haven't ever shot one. I doubt that you can go wrong with a Colt in 1911.

Best of luck.

darngolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    I know the feeling for the 10 mm. I have 4 10mm right now, and original blued delta elite, a new stainless delta elite, an eaa witness compact, and an eaa witness limited pro. The delta elites are a great gun and I would definately reccomend them especially for the 1911 lover. I would also suggest the witness limited pro as it is stainless-double, single action with the ability to be carried cocked and locked and 15 +1 capacity. I have never shot a glock 10mm but have heard good things about them. Good luck with the 10mm addiction.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Love Love Loved the G20.

The Delta Elite's been on Colt's site for months now - has anyone actually seen a new one on the street?

I'm personally looking for a fair priced 1076.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I have several G20's, love them! i also enjoy the accuracy of the Ruger Blackhawk in 10mm, great BBQ gun. My brother has the Colt, very accurate, very different.

Yes, get both!

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I sure don't think so. After I told my self repeatedty " No new calibers added to the herd" I have also been thinking 10mm. And I'm thinking Colt or Kimber.

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    I would also suggest the witness limited pro as it is stainless-double, single action with the ability to be carried cocked and locked and 15 +1 capacity.

i have been wanting a witness 10mm for some time now. i had a 10mm delta and now have a 1911 thompson 10mm. how do you like the witness? do you prefer it to a 1911? have never held one but they look alot like a hi-power to me. which feels better in my hands than anything else.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    The Delta Elite's been on Colt's site for months now - has anyone actually seen a new one on the street?

The Delta Reproductions have been available for close to a year now.
    I got mine last June. I've seen two others in person, one at the last 1500.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    I forgot to mention in my earlier post that there is a EAA Witness Pro-Hunter in 10mm at Gander Mountain on the north Side of Indy. They have come down on the price recently also. If i wouldn't have got my G20 from them i was going to get that gun.

darngolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    I kike the witness elite pro alot. It feels more like my CZ85 than it does my BHP which is expected since the witness is based off the cz75 series from what I understand. I like the fact that I can carry cocked and locked or hammer down and double action first shot. So far it feeds everything. The trigger pull is not bad at all. The adjustable sights are good, I may add a tritium night sight up front at some point though. I think for the price point they are a very good gun. I paid $650 new for mine this fall.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    This is what I love, love, love about INGO. I went into this considering one particular gun. Now I have good information and recommendations for about four or so.

My fever hasn't broken yet. I guess I'll have a 10mm next month. Keep talking, guys.

Bonehead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Vincennes
    I love my 10mm............

Its an Eclipse but they also make the Stainless Target in 10mm
    P1010019.jpg

HK45Mark23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Newburgh
    Here is some 10MM info. At the bottom is a link to a list of all of the 10mm firearms. You will find around 8 still in production listed in that page.

BREN-TEN.com Website

Vltor Weapon Systems introduces a Bren Ten Style Pistol

Vltor’s Weblog

Here is some 10mm hunting stories

10mm hunt

Don’t forget that there were a lot of 10mm firearms produced, they are still around.

A Thompson Contender is a good choice, and they have old production and new aftermarket production barrels in 10mm available.

TCbarrels

Here is some info on the Thompson Contender from the Bren-Ten page.

Thompson Contender

Here is a list of 10mm firearms, 8 of which are in production, and now include the aforementioned Bren-Ten brings the total of 9 current production 10mm firearms.

10mm-gun

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    ... Would I be making a mistake to go with the Colt 10mm?

No way! GREAT 10mm! Wish I never got rid of mine! Not easy to find...but worth every bit IMHO!

I LOVE the 10mm too...and would LOVE to someday find the long discontinued Bren Ten! That was a sweet 10mm!
    You already mention the G20 which is a fine choice...but don't forget about the wonderful S&W 10mm's...1006 and 1076!

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Find a S&W 610, and a 1st generation 5" model if you can. Nice, heavy N-Frame that takes moon clips. The bonus is that you can also shoot 40 S&W out of the same gun (like 38 Special and 357 Magnum).

I had a 5" 610 a few years ago. Still kicking my a$$ for selling it.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    No way! GREAT 10mm! Wish I never got rid of mine! Not easy to find...but worth every bit IMHO!

I am also in that boat. Looking to replace my Delta Elite and use as a winter carry gun - epically now with all the 10mm ammo available. Double Tap and Buffalo Bore have 180gr and 200gr @1350 fps - smokin hot load IMO.

Anybody know what the spec difference is between the older production and new production Elites?? Just curious as stated "re-released". Usually means something has changed??:dunno:

Top Bottom