• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Wrong. Police ASKED for consent and it was GIVEN. Maybe you fail to understand that. It's not a right if you choose to give it up. If you choose to give up your right, then you have no business complaining.

It doesn't matter if the OP consented to a search after being unlawfully detained.

The simple fact is that since the officers did not have reasonable suspicion to initiate the stop, therefore that means that anything & everything found after is "fruit of the poisonous tree".

The officers could have found a dead body in the OP's trunk & a judge would have to exclude it, don't they teach you guys proper procedure anymore?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Gee, I guess I missed the part where the OP asked the reason for being pulled over. Since you were obviously there, could you let us know? Wait, everyone is supposed to assume that the OP didn't make an illegal lane change, roll through a stop sign, etc. Correct? It's obvious that the Jack booted thugs had no legal reason for a traffic stop. :rolleyes:

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Gee, I guess I missed the part where the OP asked the reason for being pulled over. Since you were obviously there, could you let us know? Wait, everyone is supposed to assume that the OP didn't make an illegal lane change, roll through a stop sign, etc. Correct? It's obvious that the Jack booted thugs had no legal reason for a traffic stop. :rolleyes:
    Conjecture: "Occupants of a vehicle fitting the description of yours, have been seen dealing illegal drugs (burglery, car thefts, etc) in this neighborhood."

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010

From the OP's original post.

So the only question I had was what was the cause for being pulled over? They couldn't even make one up that I was swerving or anything. Just that I was in the wrong area in an "out of town car". That seemed shady to me.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    So the only question I had was what was the cause for being pulled over? They couldn't even make one up that I was swerving or anything. Just that I was in the wrong area in an "out of town car". That seemed shady to me.

Some guys on here are really getting defensive, and evidently didn't read the ops full post.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Pulling over law abiding citizens because they are from "out of town" in an attempt to make narcotic related arrests will always make officers look bad.

When one LEO leaves a bad impression on a law abiding citizen, it makes that citizen look at other LEOs negatively.

When groups of LEOs work together to commit these nefarious practices, and other LEOs commonly defend them, it makes the public perceive these things as a common occurrence.

When the public perceives nefarious practices as being commonly committed by LEOs, they lose respect for all LEOs - including the good apples, with exception to the ones they personally know to be different.

That is how the good apples suffer. By permitting practices like this to continue, they are setting themselves up for disrespect.

If a LEO sees me hanging out with a group of thugs and known drug dealers, wearing the same clothes and speaking the same tongue, do they truly assume I am not a drug dealer? No, I would be considered guilty by association, and targeted for searches.

This type of association is a two way street. General brush strokes are painted on all groups of people, and most of the time the collective group is to blame for this generalization.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Conjecture: "Occupants of a vehicle fitting the description of yours, have been seen dealing illegal drugs (burglery, car thefts, etc) in this neighborhood."

Having the "out of town car" phrase from the OP brought to my attention (I did read this entire thread BTW), I want to clarify my previous post. Point is, traffic is not the only reason people get pulled over. If there have been problems in the area and the vehicle or occupants look out of place, don't be surprised if you get stopped. The fact there were four officers leads me to believe there's more to this story than what the OP experienced.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Ok so I took my girlfriend down to Circle Center Mall and on the way back I took 65N then got off on the 29/30th street exit since she lives near there. Well I forgot I was taking her back to her place so I took some street south to go back to 29th then back to MLK because that way is faster to get to her place. So I'm driving on MLK maybe a block from 38th and get pulled over. The officer asked why I'm in the area. I tell them I was taking her back to her apartment complex and the entire time the guy who came up on the passenger side was checking my pupils..pretty obvious what he was doing. So then they ask why we were on that street. I told them why again. The officer asks about weapons like normal esp. with what just happened. The stop and story would have been much more interesting if I would have been carring my XD tonight. So when he asks for my ID he could clearly see my license to carrry and asks again about weapons. I still have no weapon on me. So they ask if they can search the car we agree because I didn't want to deal with refusing and waiting any longer. So I get out of the car and the officer pats me down. Ok no big deal. Then when they go to check my girlfriend the officer starts to cuff her and the 3 other cops are like dude shes ok you dont need to cuff her. The deer in the headlight look on her face was priceless. I think she about cried when he started to cuff her. So 1 of the 4 officers is searching the car ,I'm talking to one and shes talking to another so we cant match stories.... I tell the oficer I took her to the mall. He replys with where did you just get done working out at? I was so confused because I never said I was working out. He asked why I was in the area again. I said I'm taking her back to her apartment where she lives. We both go to school down the street from here and this is how we get back from downtown. Next the officer talking to me was asking when the last time I smoked weed in her car was, when the last time she smoked weed in her car was or when her friends last smoked weed in her car. I said I've never smoked weed in her car, she doesn't smoke weed, and how would I know if her friends smoke weed in her car. Finally done searching no drugs... surprise.. We leave. So the only question I had was what was the cause for being pulled over? They couldn't even make one up that I was swerving or anything. Just that I was in the wrong area in an "out of town car". That seemed shady to me. About the "out of town car" thing, I was driving her car and she's from Lake county. Why would anyone from there drive to Indy to score some weed and randomly have a Plainfield kid in the car with you. I don't know but it just seemed a little bit of a stretch to pull an "out of place car" over in an area between 2 or 3 universities if you include IUPUI to the area just because "1 in 5 "out of town cars" are buying drugs."

Any thoughs on my eventful evening? By the way this all happened between 7:30 and 8:00 tonight.

I'm guessing you're white.

Right?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Having the "out of town car" phrase from the OP brought to my attention (I did read this entire thread BTW), I want to clarify my previous post. Point is, traffic is not the only reason people get pulled over. If there have been problems in the area and the vehicle or occupants look out of place, don't be surprised if you get stopped. The fact there were four officers leads me to believe there's more to this story than what the OP experienced.

I don't think too many people are surprised that stops on these grounds exist...

Many of us still believe it to be ridiculous and borderline criminal.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010

Courts have ruled that the officers have to be able to articulate a "reasonable suspicion" that a violation of some sort was committed or was about to be committed before officers have the authority to initiate a stop.

Simply driving down a certain road is not reasonably suspicious, not even if that road is in a high crime area & not even if the vehicle driving down that road has "out of town" plates on it.

In all honesty I would be surprised if I was pulled over & the officer could not articulate why he stopped me, I am guessing that the officer probably wouldn't like being contacted by my attorney afterwards in order to give a deposition either.

custom2006

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    La Porte
    Only reason I did was because we had nothing to hide and I figured it would be faster than saying no and having to wait for them to try and get a warrant or something.

It's not about that you have nothing to hide...it's about what you have to protect!

Last edited:

custom2006

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    La Porte
    How do you know whether the one who stops you is the one the OP was talking about one one of the majority who are good guys?

Is this the new "Homeland Security"? "War on Drugs"? Or just paranoia on the part of some uniformed civilians?

"The majority are good guys"???

I'm really starting to wonder how many are "good guys" these days. Check out this website that is updated daily with sourced links...

Injustice Everywhere (National Police Misconduct Feed)

Remember, for every one that you read on that site, there is at least one who has not been caught yet for doing the exact same thing...

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Haha_you_got_raped.JPG

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom