Got pulled over for honking... at a cop.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I've often wondered how honking at a cop would result. I've been cut off by bad cop drivers before, but never honked...

Hm.

To be honest, this isn't my first time. I've honked at a few others, but all because they were driving like idiots (like this one) and didn't have their lights on. Had she had her lights on, no big deal. When she doesn't, she needs to be driving like everyone else.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Or any Caribbean island.

So, failure to yield, illegal u-turn, and likely several other traffic violations, all because you tapped your horn?

She wouldn't last 5 minutes in Chicago or New York City. Folks use their horn more than their signals!

did she say why she was intending to catch up with that vehicle?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wonder how it would have played out if she really did give you a ticket for.. uh... whatever reason she pulled out of her ass.

Just stopping you to intimidate you is a ****ty thing to do. "Did you seriously just honk at me, pleb? I'm better than you. You see this badge? It makes me more important than you. Know your place, scrub. Oh the things I could do to you if I really wanted (to lose my job)."

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Wonder how it would have played out if she really did give you a ticket for.. uh... whatever reason she pulled out of her ass.

Just stopping you to intimidate you is a ****ty thing to do. "Did you seriously just honk at me, pleb? I'm better than you. You see this badge? It makes me more important than you. Know your place, scrub. Oh the things I could do to you if I really wanted (to lose my job)."

I didn't want to cross that line, but since you did... that is exactly as she came across. Stumbling through an excuse and trying to intimidate me. I am normally very respectful and appreciative of law enforcement (I've shaken an officer's hand AFTER he gave me a ticket) but she was disrespectful, so I wasn't exactly a nice guy either.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have not honked at LEO but I have pulled up next to a few at the light and gave them the WTF look with hands in the air. They just look back and drive on.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I have not honked at LEO but I have pulled up next to a few at the light and gave them the WTF look with hands in the air. They just look back and drive on.

That is why they wear the sunglasses. So they don't have to make eye contact after acting the fool.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    For the record, IC 9-19-5-2 says the following:
    The driver of a motor vehicle shall, when reasonably necessary to ensure safe operation, give audible warning with the horn on the motor vehicle but may not otherwise use the horn when upon a highway.

I think KY's law is very similar except it has a requirement that at least one out of every 20 drivers must honk their horn when going through a tunnel.

Dear penthouse,
    I was pulled over by this woman cop for being a little horny.....

I think printcraft just won INGO for today.

I couldn't rep either.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That is why they wear the sunglasses. So they don't have to make eye contact after acting the fool.

Ugh I remember this one dude speeding out of the Walmart on Co Line and Emerson across 3 lanes to get into the westbound turn lane. Had zero regard for everyone travelling north, just cut everyone off. I pulled up behind him, he reached up and turned his rear-view mirror so he couldn't see me.

Yep, as long as I don't look at the people I just pissed off, it's A-OK.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Ugh I remember this one dude speeding out of the Walmart on Co Line and Emerson across 3 lanes to get into the westbound turn lane. Had zero regard for everyone travelling north, just cut everyone off. I pulled up behind him, he reached up and turned his rear-view mirror so he couldn't see me.

Yep, as long as I don't look at the people I just pissed off, it's A-OK.

Maybe the sun was reflecting in his eyes?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    In my experience, often LEO's will do anything they want just because they can.
    I try to always be ready for any police car I see to do anything at all; I give them extra room, expect them to cut me off or turn in front of me, and never stay beside them on a multi-lane road.
    They are dangerous vehicles; avoid them.

Top Bottom