• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Sorry about taking two posts to do this but I am not all that great at posting images. This is standing on our property and looking at the river. Apparently an ice dam formed overnight because I looked at the river the afternoon and it must have came up at least 15 feet overnight and then dropped back down 7 or8 feet. We have owned this property since 2017 and never had ice like this. We have had the whole property under water in 2018 when it was high enough to be touching the bottom of the covered bridge. Jim.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Wow , Are ( were ) those your wood steps ?
    I have seen videos of Alaskan river ice breakup , never really thought about it happening here .
    I live close to White River and never remember seeing anything like that .
    It is amazing how much destruction it can cause ....pretty powerful .

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Wow , Are ( were ) those your wood steps ?
    I have seen videos of Alaskan river ice breakup , never really thought about it happening here .
    I live close to White River and never remember seeing anything like that .
    It is amazing how much destruction it can cause ....pretty powerful .
    Yes those are my wood steps! When normal they go down to the lower level/sandbar. From there it is about 10 feet to the top of the bank where the ice is now. Every year the steps get moved up to the upper level bu the normal floods. I have a steel cable from them to a sycamore tree so they just float up onto the bank. I just move them back every year after the spring floods so that is not a big deal. I will look for a picture of the steps where they normaly set and post it also. Jim.

Top Bottom