• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Today I went to a local gun shop (who was working on another gun of mine) when I saw they had a used 10/22. So I brought back a slug shotgun to see if he would be interested. We traded with a few bucks also. The gun is hydrodipped digital camo which i'm not sure if I like or not and I would've preferred the stainless barrel but I really wanted one of these to take the load off of my old 22 I shoot too much. It also came with one of the Ruger 25 rd mags which I dont have to buy now. Now I just have to decide if I want to keep the stock or go with just the stock black one. Either way I'm happy with my new range toy!:rockwoot:

Pics added below

Last edited:

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Just to stir something up:

:postpics:

Sorry, but I just had to do it!! I'd really like to see that stock--trying to visualize just isn't cutting it right now... :D

Congrats on a good trade--I've loved my 10/22 since the first time I pulled the trigger!!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I obviously don't know what the OP bought, but Ruger does a couple digital camo 10/22s as Distributor Exclusives:

1181.jpg

Williams Shooters Supply

1189.jpg

Big Rock Sports

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    my son will trade his wood stock(+cash) if you want to go that way

I think I'll leave it for now, but I'm not too interested in a wood stock. If I change it I'd probably either go for the regular black synthetic or something aftermarket. I appreciate the offer though:ingo:

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    If you ever decide you want the black synthetic, just let me know--that's what mine is, and I only care about the overall shape and weight of the stock, not what it looks like or is made of.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Warning: Ruger 10/22's tend to multiply...

3 here.

picture.php

album.php
    Very nice, I especially like the thumbhole stock with the stainless fluted barrel one.

I dont really dislike the camo on mine, its just that when i decided to get one it was going to be black but I got a decent deal on this one especially with the bx25 coming with it. I'll just shoot the crap out of it and when i get the itch for something different I'll put a different stock and barrel on it. HOpefully I can hold off for a while on changing stuff but i've said that before.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I would start with these low cost mods...

Loosen or remove the barrel band so it can free float. It can cause accuracy issues if too tight. If you need to add a sling, just add a swivel mount to the front and rear of the stock.

Volquartsen Target Hammer Bushings Ruger 10/22 On sale at Midway $34. The best $34 you'll spend on your 10/22.

DIY- bolt release... FREE
    picture.php

picture.php
    picture.php

DIY- bolt buffer from Lowes 1/4"x2" nylon screw... $1.50. Cut off the ends so it fits flush in your receiver.
    picture.php

Last edited:

brdhntr37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Guess the synthetic is more rugged, but you can never go wrong with wood. I would say it depends on however you want to use it

Top Bottom