• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noname1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    I have a Kimber Gold Match II that needs a little work. The slide fails to go fully forward into battery about 3% of the time. It probably needs a new spring, but some attention from a good gunsmith could probably smooth out the slide and make it more reliable. Does anyone know of a good gunsmith near Westfield? I do not want to mess with shipping it off.

SteveG66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Theres a guy in Tipton that does a lot of work, he did some sight work for me and it came out good. Alot of people swear by him. I just can't remember his name though, perhaps someone will be able to come up with a name.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Before you go to the trouble of going to a gunsmith, if you're reloading for it you may want to start saving rounds that fail to allow the slide to go into battery and specing them out to see if there may be an inconsistency with bullet seating depth or crimp.

More than likely the upper edge of your feed ramp on the frame is needing a little attention, and I would highly recommend a gun smith than trying to do it yourself unless you can spec it all out to the correct blue prints.

Maybe this can be a little help. This is all the specs for the "correct" feed ramp on a 1911.

uaQoA.jpg

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Theres a guy in Tipton that does a lot of work, he did some sight work for me and it came out good. Alot of people swear by him. I just can't remember his name though, perhaps someone will be able to come up with a name.

Ray Saltzman
    Saltzman Gun Works
    3896 S CR 400 W
    Tipton IN 46072
    (765) 675-2040

He does OUTSTANDING work!! Going to pick up my pistol from him tonight.

noname1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Thank you for all the help. After some extensive research, I felt comfortable with trying a 17 pound Wilson Combat spring to replace the stock 16 pound spring. I dropped it in and took it to ACC tonight and put 100 rounds through it with no problems at all. The feel of the recoil was significantly different.

Top Bottom