• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    GOD is Busy

If you don't know GOD, don't make stupid remarks!!!!!!! A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. One of the courses had a professor who was an avowed atheist and a member of the ACLU.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, 'God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes.' The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, 'Here I am God. I'm still waiting.' It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him; knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold.

The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently. The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence. The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked, 'What the heck is the matter with you? Why did you do that?'

The Marine calmly replied, 'God was too busy today protecting America's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid stuff and act like an idiot. So, He sent me.'

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    It's a funny story and all, but, unfortunately, if anyone really tried that "God was busy so he sent me" would not protect one from either expulsion or assault and battery charges.

I'm just saying.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It's a funny story and all, but, unfortunately, if anyone really tried that "God was busy so he sent me" would not protect one from either expulsion or assault and battery charges.

I'm just saying.

Considering the challenge and both the words and the person of the respondant... "God was busy so he sent me" would not protect him, but I bet the other students would. "No, sir, I didn't see a thing. I must have nodded off."

The Marine in the story said that God was busy protecting Marines who were defending the professor's right to babble. I think the other students would say that He wasn't too busy to send them to help that Marine.

At least, I'd hope that there were a few Americans in that room.
    "Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are stiffened."
    --Billy Graham

Blessings,
    B

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Considering the challenge and both the words and the person of the respondant... "God was busy so he sent me" would not protect him, but I bet the other students would. "No, sir, I didn't see a thing. I must have nodded off."

The Marine in the story said that God was busy protecting Marines who were defending the professor's right to babble. I think the other students would say that He wasn't too busy to send them to help that Marine.

At least, I'd hope that there were a few Americans in that room.
    "Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are stiffened."
    --Billy Graham

Blessings,
    B

Oh, I'm sure there are a few victims in that room. But it's a college campus. Are you willing to bet that there aren't a few liberals in there as well?

Again, cute story, but bad mojo in reality.

Top Bottom