• ...and so much more!
  • Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    You could do it yourself, or ask someone else to do it for you.
    You could ask your wife to do it, or maybe a close friend.
    If you ask your neighbor, you'd better explain why...
    Next week the Temps are forecast to be well below freezing.
    If a garden hose is left attached to the hose bib, it can freeze the spigot inside the wall and burst a pipe.
    This is usually found in spring, the first time the hose is used and water starts pouring out of a wall somewhere.

Do yourself a favor and maybe even save yourself some money.
    Go pull your hose!

PSA over
    Omg, I’ve told my 28 yr old daughter that for 3 years now and I’ve replaced frost free taps for that same amount of time. My rule is Labor Day weekend, close the pool and winterize the house. Obviously it hasn’t caught on with my tribe.

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Just as an old guy's reminder, there is an easy solution for removing the hose that is a bit too corroded to get off with just your handy pliers.

I bought some "fancy" hoses this spring. They were costly, mainly because I wanted 3/4 inch for a long run and I thought they looked pretty good. BUT ...
    The brass looking plating corroded like crazy and welded themselves to the copper spigots.

Then in trying to get the damn things loose, using two large Channel locks I broke one of those $50 backflow preventers.

So, yeah, a problem for next spring, but to get the damn hose off, I pulled out my blade and cut the damn thing off.

There are alternate solutions, but I did not feel the need to wait for oil to do something to help, let alone continue to squat down while I muscled these corroded things apart.

Now I can just replace the end with an actual copper fitting, that stupid backflow check valve thingy and life goes on.

Pocket knife to the rescue!!

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Waited as long as I could. Supposed to snow tomorrow. Also glad I did because the wife left one on. How do I know? It's a nozzle option I don't use.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Typical Monday for me and the last thing I felt like doing was pulling my hose when I got home, so I took the easy route and just yanked it off the spigot, i got some drainage so I figured that should work for tonight and when it gets warmer in a couple days ill pull it all the way out and really blow it... hopefully I'll get lucky and hit the neighbor's dog in the process. ;)

Top Bottom