• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Sorry I am not much help on your question, but why do you need to replace the slide?

54790863.jpg

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN

Oh now come on we ALL know why he wants a new slide!

Because when you can't hit anything with the mighty Glock it is time to start swapping parts. Sights, slide, barrel, trigger, and frame and you should be good to go....

Ok on a side note I make a motion that INGO add a "pot stirring" emoticon....PLEASE??? Because I already see where this thread is heading.;)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    haha, i can hit the broadside of a barn if that counts. no specific reason, just want an aftermarket, or slide work done. you know to be tacticool...
    Look at SI(Suarez International), while I don't profess to agree with everything he espouses, his slides are pretty damn good for the $$'s.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    80%er would need a slide.

I've been looking at a 24 slide from LWD for a long time. Just never had the money to burn.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was asked something similar, once. "Why do you need so many guns".

I really was not making any judgement on the original poster. I have only seen one Glock slide that broke, it was cracked across the ejection port. I was wondering if he needed a replacement or he was modifying or converting something.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Although it wouldn't matter on a range/comp gun, some people (ex. Ayoob) might advise not putting an aftermarket slide on a piece to be carried, and possibly used, for personal defense. Just sayin' it's something to think about.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Although it wouldn't matter on a range/comp gun, some people (ex. Ayoob) might advise not putting an aftermarket slide on a piece to be carried, and possibly used, for personal defense. Just sayin' it's something to think about.

Ayoob seems to be a knowledgeable person in many, many aspects. But I am not so sure that he has that one correct.

[video=youtube;xsaI5raGZfA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsaI5raGZfA&index=3&list=PLjmUPPWVrI_jOU3E 9ENSoKis_W-2Cq08c[/video]

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    For additional info, read his book Deadly Force, Understanding Your Right to Self Defense. It contains several examples. Choose your advisors wisely.

It's a free read if one has Amazon Prime (or Kindle unlimited, I forget which).

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    haha, i can hit the broadside of a barn if that counts. no specific reason, just want an aftermarket, or slide work done. you know to be tacticool...

You might check with AllenM and see if he has time to do what you want. He did a carry melt on one of my Glock 19's and I have seen other work he has done on Glock slides. He's in Avon.

Check him out in the Diamond Collision subforum, and then PM him with what you are interested in.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    You might check with AllenM and see if he has time to do what you want. He did a carry melt on one of my Glock 19's and I have seen other work he has done on Glock slides. He's in Avon.

Check him out in the Diamond Collision subforum, and then PM him with what you are interested in.

+1 on Allen. Not that it pertains to a glock slide but he is a wizard on cerakote and from what I've seen he's an excellent machinist / fab guy. He cerakoted my 1911 operator a few months back and it was spot on. A melt treatment on a glock sounds fun.

kkrishan317

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Plainfield

im familiar with him and Diamond. They did the body work on my Cruze.

Top Bottom