• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yosarian87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    NWI
    I am about 68.9% sure it is somewhere on this forum, but I can't seem to find what I am looking for. I was wondering what the affects of a warped guide rod would be. I know the solution of it would be replacement. Yet, I am unsure at the moment as to what it would affect on the pistol. Also, What the advantage of a S/S vs. a Standard Polymer one would be. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all who reply in advance.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I am about 68.9% sure it is somewhere on this forum, but I can't seem to find what I am looking for. I was wondering what the affects of a warped guide rod would be. I know the solution of it would be replacement. Yet, I am unsure at the moment as to what it would affect on the pistol. Also, What the advantage of a S/S vs. a Standard Polymer one would be. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all who reply in advance.

All my friends like the factory guide rod better, I've heard the SS sqeaks

Yosarian87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    NWI
    Being on a budget ie. poor. I'm currently finding the factory rod to be a much better purchase anyways. Was just kind of wondering all the pros and cons. Thanks gunman41mag for the response.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    With the exception of upgrading sights leave your glock alone. Most people that start having issues with Glocks are the ones that start changing to aftermarket parts.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Glock will repair any pistol that is thick, blocky, and has Glock stamped on the slide free of charge. (Don't stamp "Glock" on a Hi-Point though. They're onto that scam....)

Just email Glock if you are having an issue, and I'm sure they'll get you an address to ship it to. Questions about who originally bought it, and where its from are completely irrelevant.

FWIW, I think that Taurus has a very similar no-questions-asked lifetime warranty policy. Most of my firearms are either from Glock or Taurus. Any other manufacturers you guys know of have a comparable warranty?

Yosarian87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    NWI
    Sounds good, I will give them a call when I am on lunch break. Don't think the kids around the store (mainly their parents) would like to hear me chatting about guns...But then again some of them might be carrying...

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Glock will repair any pistol that is thick, blocky, and has Glock stamped on the slide free of charge.

This.

I needed a new guide rod for my Glock 26. Called Glock customer service and asked for one. They asked my name and address for shipping purposes and then the gun model and caliber and what part I needed. The lady said one would be in the mail. No questions asked about why I needed the part, no serial number questioned, no purchase information questioned.

Six days later a package showed up in the mail with the new guide rod.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Can't beat it. I haven't had to do anything with my Glocks yet, but I did have to get some replacement grip panels for one of my Taurus guns. The old ones had cracked; I called them, they gave me an address. I payed like $3 worth of postage to stick them in a padded envelope, and shipped them off. 2 weeks later, I had a replacement pair on my front step.

Maybe not as fast as Glock, but free parts are free parts.

Yosarian87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    NWI
    This.

I needed a new guide rod for my Glock 26. Called Glock customer service and asked for one. They asked my name and address for shipping purposes and then the gun model and caliber and what part I needed. The lady said one would be in the mail. No questions asked about why I needed the part, no serial number questioned, no purchase information questioned.

Six days later a package showed up in the mail with the new guide rod.

did you call the Georgia number?

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    i was reading about changing to stainless or tungsten guide rods a while back, i figured a metal rod isnt gonna break so naturally it would make the gun more reliable than the already legendary glock is. well from my reading i came across people talking about the increased friction between the slide, spring, and metal guide rod, which could actually decrease reliability. Considering the glock got its reputation as a stock gun with plastic guide rod i think its probably best to stick to it.

Yosarian87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    NWI
    Called Glock, and one is being sent to me in the next couple of days. Thanks all for the help. No trouble and didn't have to be an armorer. BUT...20 minutes of hold time to save 8 bucks...Yes please :rockwoot:

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Called Glock, and one is being sent to me in the next couple of days. Thanks all for the help. No trouble and didn't have to be an armorer. BUT...20 minutes of hold time to save 8 bucks...Yes please :rockwoot:
    That's great!. I've owned 5 glocks now and have shot several others.
    Never had a problem with any one of them. I love the guns.

Hoosier Glocker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Glock will repair any pistol that is thick, blocky, and has Glock stamped on the slide free of charge. (Don't stamp "Glock" on a Hi-Point though. They're onto that scam....)

Just email Glock if you are having an issue, and I'm sure they'll get you an address to ship it to. Questions about who originally bought it, and where its from are completely irrelevant.

FWIW, I think that Taurus has a very similar no-questions-asked lifetime warranty policy. Most of my firearms are either from Glock or Taurus. Any other manufacturers you guys know of have a comparable warranty?

I haven't used either one, but I've heard Springfield and Smith & Wesson both provide great warranty/customer service.

Top Bottom