• ...and so much more!
  • Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    I'm anxious to see how it turns out.

I hope it goes well enough I'd be able to get a good price on Gen 3 G23 :D, but if it goes over that well I may just want one for myself too.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I'm anxious to see how it turns out.

I hope it goes well enough I'd be able to get a good price on Gen 3 G23 :D, but if it goes over that well I may just want one for myself too.

I don't see this reducing the cost of used gen 2s and 3s. I know that some people really want the backstraps, but I don't see it as a feature that will make the gen 3s that much less desirable. In fact, depending on how this turns out, I could see people paying premiums or the same prices for Gen 3s in order to NOT have the backstraps.

:twocents:

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    I don't see this reducing the cost of used gen 2s and 3s. I know that some people really want the backstraps, but I don't see it as a feature that will make the gen 3s that much less desirable. In fact, depending on how this turns out, I could see people paying premiums or the same prices for Gen 3s in order to NOT have the backstraps.

:twocents:

Wishful thinking, more or less... :rolleyes: I've seen how the Gen 2's sell.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Wishful thinking, more or less... :rolleyes: I've seen how the Gen 2's sell.

Yeah. One thing about that is how the Gen 4s are going to be more than the simple grooves changed from 2 to 3, the entire frame will be different.

I HOPE the LE agencies all dump off their 9mm Gen 3s and pick up the gen 4s. I LOVE me some 9mm Glocks :rockwoot::D

Steady Glock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Glock 4th Gen Info from Another Site

Hey All,

On the 4th Gen subject, this has been a topic of much discussion on the Glock Talk site. Here's a good description of what to expect (posted by a Glock Talk member named "eringobragh":

"Just returned from the annual SWAT Round-Up in Orlando for the day. Glock was setup and had Dave Sevigny, Jesse Abbate, and Randi Rogers showing off the new 4th generation Glock. Asked Jesse if I could take a photo...she went and asked and was told NO!

The frame has a newer RTF pattern...not as many spikes/sharp as the current RTF. You get two additional back-straps with the pistol...without any back-straps installed you get what Jesse was calling the SF frame. Clip on the Medium back-strap and you have your standard tried and true Glock frame. Install the Large and you get the frame of the G20/G21 pistols. I was not very impressed with how the straps attach...looks like they would pop off really easy, but who knows.

Also new is a reversible magazine catch/release. Setup for right hand shooters you can use all the old magazines. Lefties will only be able to use new mags that will have double cut outs for the catch. I thought the new mag release looked hideous. Very large.

New as well is a double spring recoil guide rod assemble. Looks like a stretched out version of the G26/G27 recoil assemblies. Jesse claimed it reduces recoil.

Tomorrow they are going to let folks shoot them...unfortunately I will not be there."

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I will buy a G19 or G23 for my son if the back staps will give him a better grip,

I have a feeling that this purchase will consume the savings I have gotten on the previous pistol purchases :rolleyes:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Whether he's new or not, his avatar says "Moderator" under it....I am a total "newbie" but I'm pretty sure the moderator has some influence, no?

25qbzmd.jpg

If only I could resist...

Steady Glock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Honestly, from the sound of things, I don't see myself coming anywhere close to buying a G4 Glock. At least not in the first year or two. Just like EVERY other product, the first round of production usually has some significant issues. Regardless, I love the Glocks just the way they are. Hence the reason I'm planning on purchasing a G30 before the 4th Gen comes out.

Steady Glock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    "ATM is laughing, why are you not laughing?" :):

Aw, man! Sorry I missed all the fun....Yeah, I'm a newbie for sure. Anyway, thanks for the laughs. :lmfao::ugh: Just sorry I missed Hickman's photo posting before they removed it (??) Still trying to earn my stripes around here!! :ingo:

Top Bottom