• Glock Gen 4 Preferred Grip Configuration

• Total voters

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    With the addition of backstrap and backstrap + beavertail options on the Gen 4, I'm curious which of the given options is the more popular configuration. The base grip overall is now the "smallest" size, but with a compromise of no beavertail. This is my own preferred size, but I bought the aftermarket grip force adapter to get the beavertail back. I'm curious what the preferences of INGO Gen 4 owners are as well, so I wanted to take a sample poll and hear discussion on the reason for your configuration choice.

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I still prefer the feel of the 2nd and 3rd generation Glocks. But, the one Gen 4 that I do have wears no backstrap or beavertail.

flyboy727

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Evansville area
    I have gen 4 blackstrap sets for sale.
    G19
    G26
    purchased from Glock.
    Just so you know, the new beaver tail backs straps will not attached properly to an older Gen 4 model which did not originally come with the beaver tail backs traps. Disappointing, but the grove at the top is not there on my older Gen 4's to hold the beaver tail securely in place.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm used to 1911s and this grip on my 19 keeps the front sight down and helps align the sights to my hand.
    It beats the heck out of aiming at the knees to hit the naval for me.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I use no back straps on all my Gen 4's. I was unable to use the .45 glocks in Gen 3 due to their grip size. The gen 4 G21 and G41 fit me great without back straps. The Gen 3 9mm and .40's were fine for me and fit my hands OK.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Interesting. It would appear thus far that given the choice of a medium grip size with beavertail, and a smaller grip size with no beavertail, folks prefer the smaller grip regardless. I'll admit that was the primary draw for me choosing a Gen 4 over the 3. Though I still appreciate the Grip Force Adapter option that gives a beavertail while not expanding the grip too much. Though I suppose the argument could be made that since the smaller no-backstrap gets the web of the hand further under the rear of the slide, that it naturally minimizes or eliminates the risk of slide bite. I suppose the GFA adds just a little more peace of mind.

The large no-beavertail backstrap seems to be left out entirely thus far :tumbleweed:

Top Bottom