• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    I am going to add my Glock 19 to my carry weapons. I carry my Glock 27 in either a Blackhawk Serpa or a Galco 2nd amendment IWB. When I bought my Glock 24 I really liked the ext. mag release and ext. slide stop. My question is when carrying IWB does anybody have problems with the ext. slide stop getting hit and releasing the mag. I took the ext. slide off the 24 and placed it in the 19, and then inserted the 19 into the holster and could not seem to bump it enough to release. Just would like to get some real time carrying opinion on this.

Also I went ahead and detailed stripped a frame on my 22 to learn how to install a connector when I get them Tues. I could not believe how simple the frame strip was. I love my Glocks.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    My question is when carrying IWB does anybody have problems with the ext. slide stop getting hit and releasing the mag.

I have factory extended mag catches in all my Glocks; I take Mr. Dremel and knock the corners off to make IWB carry a little more comfortable, but that's it. Never had a problem with inadvertently hitting the button. An acquaintance of mine did once when he was in a scuffle, and went back to the standard button on all of his guns. My solution is, don't get in scuffles. ;)

If the factory extended release is too long for your taste, TangoDown offers the Vickers mag catch, which is somewhere between Glock's standard and extended in length.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I carry my G19 with an extended mag release and did the same. Knocked of the edges and smoothed it down a couple of millimeters. Longer than stock, but a hair shorter for IWB carry.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    I carry my G19 with an extended mag release and did the same. Knocked of the edges and smoothed it down a couple of millimeters. Longer than stock, but a hair shorter for IWB carry.
    That is one thing to consider when doing this mod guys. Are you going to IWB carry it? If so, will it poke your side? You know it gets worse while driving or sitting down so think about what Hickman told you! :yesway:

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    I don't have any problems with my extend mag or slide release in my IWB holster. I didn't have to make any modifications to it. It does not poke me in the side (covered by leather).

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Mine didn't poke me as I carry in a Crossbreed supertuck, but the insulation layer around my waist would put a little pressure on it as I have to keep the belt tight to carry, which would sometimes cause the mag release to be pushed.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I had a ext mag release installed on my G22 that I carry. I found that a couple of times my mag popped out on me while carrying. Needless to say, I changed it back to stock. Now I install the ext release only for competition use.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Mine didn't poke me as I carry in a Crossbreed supertuck, but the insulation layer around my waist would put a little pressure on it as I have to keep the belt tight to carry, which would sometimes cause the mag release to be pushed.
    Insulation layer around the waist? None of us fellow gun owners have that. How about almost everyone over 40!
    So don't feel too bad buddy! :patriot: Glocks Rock!:rockwoot:

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    Well I got my new parts today and 700 rounds of Wolf. Installed a Ext. mag release, ext. slide lock and 3.5lb connector. I had never shot the Glock 19 before today. Installed everything function tested it and took it outback and put 50 rounds of Wolf through it fairly quickly. I can say I really like the Glock 19. Everything works great and I can stay on target a lot easier than my other Glocks. I will definitely be carrying this one more. I now know why everybody loves the Glock 19.

Top Bottom