• ...and so much more!
  • 12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Sorry if thsi is a dupe but was watching Fox59 here in Indy with the story of a kid at North Central High School that had a Glock 9.

Plus it sounded like it had a happy switch...........wait,........what

I thought all Glock single digit handguns were banned after Bruce Willis battled the bad guys at the airport with the plastic Glock 7's that couldn't be detected on the x-ray screen.

Sorry about this post, but it drives me crazy about these media folk that don't know the first thing about something they report about.

Last edited:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    This is getting nuts now. I went to that high school, and now I live less than a mile away from it.

The news stated that the kid claims he needed it for protection in the neighborhood he lives in. I wonder what neighborhood on the far north side is so dangerous he feels that way.

I suppose I’ll have to increase my situational awareness even more.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Sorry if thsi is a dupe but was watching Fox59 here in Indy with the story of a kid at North Central High School that had a Glock 9.

Plus it sounded like it had a happy switch...........wait,........what

I thought all Glock single digit handguns were banned after Bruce Willis battled the bad guys at the airport with the plastic Glock 7's that couldn't be detected on the x-ray screen.

Sorry about this post, but it drives me crazy about these media folk that don't know the first thing about something they report about.

They meant 9mm.

But I got the feeling they were trying to make it sound similar to "Glock 7."

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Well I'd bet if it was the newscaster reading, they had no idea what they meant. They just read or misread what was on the prompter when it comes to guns.

I read the published story; didn't watch the newscast. It had "Glock 9" in the title.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Here’s an excerpt of what was sent to out by NCHS following the incident and presumably what the media based their reporting. Incident on the 10th and this sent to parents on the 11th:

“Since that time we have been able to continue the investigation per our safety protocols and with the appropriate authorities. The comprehensive investigation confirmed that the weapon recovered was a Glock 9 handgun that was modified and meets the “machine gun†definition under Indiana criminal law and identified as a “machine gun†in the police report. The weapon was uncovered through routine morning supervision protocols during student arrival and prior to classes starting. The student shared that they were carrying the weapon for protection in the neighborhood where they live. The student was immediately arrested and charges were referred to the Marion County Prosecutor's Office”

Top Bottom