• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I have two Glock 43’s, both have Trijicon HD’s and talon grip tape. Also run Pearce +1 mag extension on all mags. I have owned and carried a variety of handguns over the last 23 years. I tried xds 3.3 and shield but prefer the 43. I have shot about every type of ammo out of it with no issues. I carry standard pressure 147gr HST. They shoot well and I prefer heavy for caliber bullets. I have loaned one of mine out to a few friends that ended up purchasing.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    I have multiple G19s and love Glock but prefer a 9mm shield for a smaller gun. There are tons of videos on the gun having thousands of rounds put through it with no problems. The 365 could be a good option but im going to wait a while so they can fix any problems that could arise with new firearms.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have two Glock 43’s, both have Trijicon HD’s and talon grip tape. Also run Pearce +1 mag extension on all mags. I have owned and carried a variety of handguns over the last 23 years. I tried xds 3.3 and shield but prefer the 43. I have shot about every type of ammo out of it with no issues. I carry standard pressure 147gr HST. They shoot well and I prefer heavy for caliber bullets. I have loaned one of mine out to a few friends that ended up purchasing.

Yep, running HD's on my carry 43, and +2 base plates on extra mags. Other recommendation I have for the 43 is the Vickers mag release...

nw453-002.jpg

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I'm telling you I have both. Glock 43 fully decked out. Even with the taran tactical plus 3 your only at 10 rounds and its bigger than the p365. Longer barrel longer grip and it doesn't fit the hand near as well.

You will have to add night sights. Buy extensions. Add Vickers stuff lol. Or buy the p365 and be good to go off the jump. Good sights. Better capacity and ergos. The newly released ones are having no issues. I got almost 300 rounds of all different HP and FMj with no issues. Along with other reports saying the same.

All this is coming from a glock guy. G43 g19 g17 they are all great guns but sig knocked it out of the park with the p365

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I got mine with like 490 and then bought 2 12 round mags. They are a little salty but good metal mags usually are. But considering a glock 43 mag is 25 bucks and you add a taran or have extension your at the same price as the sig 12s.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm telling you I have both. Glock 43 fully decked out. Even with the taran tactical plus 3 your only at 10 rounds and its bigger than the p365. Longer barrel longer grip and it doesn't fit the hand near as well.

You will have to add night sights. Buy extensions. Add Vickers stuff lol. Or buy the p365 and be good to go off the jump. Good sights. Better capacity and ergos. The newly released ones are having no issues. I got almost 300 rounds of all different HP and FMj with no issues. Along with other reports saying the same.

All this is coming from a glock guy. G43 g19 g17 they are all great guns but sig knocked it out of the park with the p365

agreed. That was my thought on my initial post in this thread. Definitely some serious competition in this space now.

busted1200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Evansville

I have the exact same set up minus the mag extension. Love the sights, but the rear sight has very sharp edges that scrape my beer belly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. Great testimony from someone who has been there and done that :thumbsup:

Scouse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2014
    Orlando
    My Son slips his G43 into his back pocket, every morning, wears a suit. The purpose of carrying a CCW Pistol, to me?

The Gunfight I have never been in (close but no banana) needs a bunch of rounds, maybe? And has to be a pistol I have shot a lot and can hit things with. My Glock 19 4th Gen. Fills that need.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Check out my post "Glock 43, does it get any better?" page 3 or 4 , it has over 15,000 views.
    OVERTHEHILLGUY:oldwise:

1. I read most of the pages: lots of love for the Glock 43
    2. I can't shake that curiosity that I should try the Glock 26 b/c of greater capacity than my Shield 9.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Shield is better than the 43 out of the box. 43 needs extended base plates for the mags and a trigger bar to get on par with the shield and costs more.

I have a 43 a like it a LOT. Looking at the choice from a cost-function standpoint, the Shield is the winner. But I like my G43 more.

I'm interested where this Sig P365 will take the market. I'd like to see more single stack size slides on 1-1/2 - 2 stack type mags. Makes for a great CCW with a bit more capacity. I won't be buying one of these Sigs until they've been out and trouble free for a couple years. That, or see what Glock or S&W put out to compete with it. In the meantime, I'll keep carrying my G43.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Shield is better than the 43 out of the box. 43 needs extended base plates for the mags and a trigger bar to get on par with the shield and costs more.

I have a 43 a like it a LOT. Looking at the choice from a cost-function standpoint, the Shield is the winner. But I like my G43 more.

I'm interested where this Sig P365 will take the market. I'd like to see more single stack size slides on 1-1/2 - 2 stack type mags. Makes for a great CCW with a bit more capacity. I won't be buying one of these Sigs until they've been out and trouble free for a couple years. That, or see what Glock or S&W put out to compete with it. In the meantime, I'll keep carrying my G43.

I agree with this statement. Once I got a minor trigger upgrade and the Strike Industries +2 mag extension, coupled with a TT gunleather holster, I found my edc perfection.

Top Bottom