• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    In my opinion the G42 is a clear winner by a long shot, the Kahr is very small ( I have large hands) and while is what a lot of people want sometimes smaller guns are very hard to control and recoil more, the Kahr trigger is nice and smooth but long trigger pull and long reset so unless you edc a larger kahr it may be a somewhat difficult transition from one trigger system to an other (I tried and just can't do it with efficiency). I carry and practice a lot with striker fire handguns as I edc one and have become proficient with them so consistency is a big thing for me now. Now enter the G42 it fits my hand very well and size is not too small or too large as I can pocket carry when needed or carry any other way when needed, I has good sights and there are plenty good options out there if you want even better sights. Very easy to maintain but the best is that has the lowest recoil of any centerfire handgun I ever fire so that translates into more rounds on target and better combat accuracy for me.

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    In my opinion the G42 is a clear winner by a long shot, the Kahr is very small ( I have large hands) and while is what a lot of people want sometimes smaller guns are very hard to control and recoil more, the Kahr trigger is nice and smooth but long trigger pull and long reset so unless you edc a larger kahr it may be a somewhat difficult transition from one trigger system to an other (I tried and just can't do it with efficiency). I carry and practice a lot with striker fire handguns as I edc one and have become proficient with them so consistency is a big thing for me now. Now enter the G42 it fits my hand very well and size is not too small or too large as I can pocket carry when needed or carry any other way when needed, I has good sights and there are plenty good options out there if you want even better sights. Very easy to maintain but the best is that has the lowest recoil of any centerfire handgun I ever fire so that translates into more rounds on target and better combat accuracy for me.

Thanks for the reply, especially the first sentence. I've heard the some of the same comments about the KAHR and my EDC is a GLOCK 30S.

Peace

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have the P380 (same as the CW380 but with a match barrel I think). It is very small. I have girly hands, though. Some of my friends with larger hands have shot it and done very well. I would at least recommend shooting one. It is a very well made firearm.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Both are well made and reliable.
    Two main things will determine which you like. 1) lighter Glock style trigger vs Kahr smooth DAO trigger 2) relative size of hands

1) This will boil down to preference - try both.
    2) I have sausage fingers - so the Kahr wins for me. A CM9 is my EDC. You mention that you EDC is a Glock 30s - you are going to more likely favor the Glock with regards to hand size.

I would also comment that a 42 is much larger than a cw380. If you intend to pocket carry (as many of us do - despite Kirk's rantings on the subject) then I suggest that the Kahr is more concealable , and safer due to the trigger setup.

If you are carrying some other fashion, it's less of an issue.

I agree with the post above - if I'm carrying something larger that the cw380, it will be a 9mm (or greater)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Have shot both, own a Kahr P380. IMO, they are different guns for different purposes. The CW380 is drop-it-in-a-pocket small, but still much more comfortable and easy to shoot than other guns in its size/weight class (S&W Bodyguard, Kel-Tec P3AT, Ruger LCP, Taurus TCP, etc). The Glock is a "shooter's .380" - better trigger, less muzzle flip, more comfortable - but at the expense of some concealability; more along the lines of a Ruger LC380 or Walther PK380.

My :twocents:

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    GLOCK 42 from MARKSMAN SHOOTING SPORTS (ask for Chris), it is. It will be carried in a pocket of gym shorts and also a REMORA ankle holster. If I ever do a 9mm, it will to be over 25 oz loaded, have a capacity of at least 10 rds, and have a barrel of at least 3.5 inches.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I would only consider the 380 as a small option.

CW380 easily.

If I wanted something in the 42's size range I would go with a 9mm.

I will have to agree with this statement. If the 42 had a higher round count, I might consider it a better option, but the fact that (for a carry weapon) it has the same round count as many other much smaller .380s, and is the same size as several 9mms of similar size, its kinda the worst of both worlds, if you are looking for a CC piece. Checked out the 42 when it first came to the LGS, and for the size, I would expect at least a 10 round mag. The Kahr sub-compact 9s are the same size, same round count, and just as capable in the accuracy department. Why give up energy/bullet mass with nothing in return, other than the name on the gun.

Top Bottom