• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • koenig clone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    fairmount
    i'm looking to purchase a very small concealed carry piece. what do you guys think? every pistol i have is a 1911 style in .45. (easier to bulk up on ammo) was just wondering how bad recoil is on something of that size and weight. accuracy? also thinking about a small revolver, sp101, s&w airlite, want something small enough i barely know it's on me.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    The G30 is an EXCELLENT gun, very accurate and durable with great capacity for the 45acp caliber. But, it carries like a brick in your waistband, well it did for me, but just because I couldn't carry it comfortably does not mean I will not recommend it.

G30=great CCW, if you can carry it comfortably.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The G30 is very similar in size to the G19 but a tad thicker. The G30 is actually a little shorter than the G19 by about the thickness of the G19 mag floor plate. The telescoping recoil spring system on the G30 keeps the slide velocity down as it nears the end of it's travel reducing shock to your shooting hand. So, the felt recoil isn't as much as you might think for the size/weight of the gun.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    want something small enough i barely know it's on me.

If this is your number one priority, finding a .45 will be tough. And the .38 revolver will not be a "fun" gun to shoot.

If your priority was a .45, I'd say the G30 or G30SF would be tough to beat.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    If this is your number one priority, finding a .45 will be tough. And the .38 revolver will not be a "fun" gun to shoot.

If your priority was a .45, I'd say the G30 or G30SF would be tough to beat.

I have one of each and all can say is :yesway:

The only problem I can see is that the Glock and 1911 have a different angle from the grip to the barrel and when ever I have tried too get a quick sight picture with a 1911 I'm always off.

Top Bottom