• Which Sub-Compact 40sw

• Total voters

unionblue19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Kokomo, Indiana
    The priceing is the same range over they are about the same. The mag are little different size wise and option wise. I'm in the market here soon for a sub compact for my every day carry/Police duty back up.
    I like the Springfeild XD mags a little better over the Glock. But all the rest I see is very simalar over all.
    So what the one have it think, the ones that went to Springfeild wish went Glock ether way or they are happy with the choice they made?

Also on a side note who in Indy or around Muncie Indiana sells Federal Law Enforcement Tactical HST ammo 40sw?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    The priceing is the same range over they are about the same. The mag are little different size wise and option wise. I'm in the market here soon for a sub compact for my every day carry/Police duty back up.
    I like the Springfeild XD mags a little better over the Glock. But all the rest I see is very simalar over all.
    So what the one have it think, the ones that went to Springfeild wish went Glock ether way or they are happy with the choice they made?

Also on a side note who in Indy or around Muncie Indiana sells Federal Law Enforcement Tactical HST ammo 40sw?

Find someone that has them, and shoot both, make up your mind that way.

I personally love the XDm, the Glock made me feel like I was breaking my wrist to shoot it well. YMMV.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    ANYTHING, but a GLOCK !!!!! :laugh: No, not really, get what YOU like, and be sure it FITS ..... Glocks, just DO NOT FIT me, I am a S&W fan, and then SA...

Mcglockin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    You can find an xd compact for 399-425 new with no night sights, but a gen 4 glock I haven't seen new for under 525... I'd say you'd be better off to start with the glock and if you don't like it, sell it and buy a new XD and put night sights on it yourself and it shouldn't be much of a price difference. I own and xd sub compact and a glock 23, personally I really like them both equally.

unionblue19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Kokomo, Indiana
    The extended mags I kind of like how SprFld does it over Glock. One freind told me that keep the it in the family(Glk) for motor memory over getting the SprFld. since your primary duty carry is Glk. Wanting some thing small and compact but has good round count if i ever have to use it as my primary over the Glk 22 that if I ever had to it it won't be a major change over in feel.
    Plus I be dealing Police pricing for the Glock and unkown for SpgFld. if any Police pricing

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    Get the one you WANT
    toss a coin
    when the coin is in the air
    you will then know what you are wishing for;)

P. S. buy 1 , save up , get the other

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    ok, i carry a g19, shot my first xd this past sunday and i was extremely happy with it. although ur goin to have to go shoot ur own to make an informed decision, i like them both. they both have their own pros and cons.

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    XD---

I have a FS XD 40 and decided too that I wanted a SC carry weapon. I found an attractive deal on a G27, so I jumped on it without having fired any other SC weapons. I wish I had done more field work in making my decision... although the G27 operates well, I just do not get a good fit in my hand with it. I do get a better feel in my XD.

Summary, I have a G27. Want to try SW M&P, and an XD to compare all 3.

Maybe I will stay with the G27... But I do have a nice selection of XD accessories that make me think I should move on an XD

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Glock Two Seven, carried one all week long on Michigan vacation.
    yea though I walked through the City of Death (Detroit). I feared no evil.;)

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Between the two I prefer the Glock. But I have carried a Glock since 1992. Some people like the Springfield XDM. Your choice. Whatever fits you best and what you prefer. We are not carrying what you are purchasing. Good luck on your decision cause both are outstanding firearms. :ar15:

Spazstick87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I would prefer spingfield xd sub compact .40 with the night sights. I prefer the feel of the xd over a glock as well as the look of the xd. The xd that i do have has treated me very well at the range and carrying.

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    I love glocks and I started my collection with a 26( which I love) and then I got a g19 and omg who needs the 26. I would forget the 27 and get a 23.

Top Bottom