• ...and so much more!
  • Which sub compact Glock?

• Total voters

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    What does everyone think about the Baby Glock vs the Backup Glock? Would you rather have 10 rounds of 9mm or 9 rounds of 40 cal?

I say G26 for a couple of reasons. 1. Less recoil-allows you to develop good technique and hopefully avoid a flinch.2. More rounds on board- "knock down power" is taken right from those fancy ammo ads in magazines. You need something that penetrates at least 12" and you need to put them where you want them.3. Follow up shots- 9mm is OK in the small gun, .40 is going to be a handful. Remember, this is a tiny gun with a short barrel, so the decreased velocity is going to lead to the rounds, potentially, not reaching their expansion velocity. This could also mean that you don't incapacitate the guy immediately, therefore requiring more rounds on target. 9mm would help you there.4. 9mm ammo is cheaper- It's pretty cheap to buy in bulk at wal-mart, .40 is going to cost roughly $50 more per thousand rounds. Buying a .40, then buying a 9mm barrel for it (with the mags to go along with it as well) is going to take a LONG time to pay itself off unless you're shooting it a lot. Not to mention that the 9mm on a .40 breechface/.40 extractor will not be as reliable as a 9mm on a 9mm breeceface/extractor. Just my opinion. Hope this helps.

silkpoet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    SW Indiana
    If you have one of the calibers already, I would stick with that as your decision point. If not, my experience with recoil on .40 would make me want to shoot the .40 compact to make sure it gives you the control you like.

MJ45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    i have the 27. i like the extra stopping power of the .40. if your using it as a backup i would probly stick with the same caliber as your primary carry

farva118

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    I chose the Glock 30 because we have 45acp issued at my department. If I had to chose, I would go with another Glock 36. Just my opinion.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It depends on what other Glock models you already own.
    If you already have a Glock 19 or 17 then a Glock 26 would be a good idea because you can use magazines from your other glocks.
    If you dont already have other Glocks I would still go for the 9mm.
    Cheap to train with so more training so better shot placement IMO.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i voted for the 27 because like mentioned before you can always buy the lone wolf barrel to take it down to the 9.

i played with a couple 380 glocks over in germany and they were cool but literally are the same size as the 26 and same weight and holds the same amount of ammo so there is absolutely no benefit to it

Top Bottom