• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy
    I'd go with the 19 over the 17. More versatile for carry, and you lose only 2 rounds. It's a "compact" technically but still a good size.

I'd bet the Glock 19 is the best selling polymer of all time.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    It all depends on what YOU find to be better suited for yourself.

If you're buying a Sub 2K that accepts only Glock 17 magazines then the choice is made for you. If you buy a Sub 2K that accepts Glock 19 magazines then that means it will also accept mags made for the 17. The hack job that KelTec does on the mag well for the Glock 19 versions look just like somebody did it in their garage with a wood saw. I'm sure you could do the same if you bought a Sub 2K 17 model and decided that you wanted a 19 instead.

I have owned and shot a lot with the Glock 30, 19, and 17. Currently I own a Glock 19 that it's primary use is for Every Day Carry. I use to carry a Glock 17 for EDC but switched to the 19 after looking for something with a slightly smaller frame. I am much happier with the 19.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I love my G17 I wouldn't want the shorter grip of the G19.

The biggest thing I hear is the G19 is easier to conceal then the G17. That is crap I wear the G17 everywhere I go (even running) and no one sees it. My wife is always watching if I imprint because it makes her nervous she can't tell most of the time.

But everyone will have reasons one is better then the other. Doesn't matter get what feels good in your hand.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've had both several times but always keep the G19. I carry it daily, shoot it better than the 17 for some reason, and liek said you can use the 17 rounder in it as well. I also think that the G19 is one of the best if not the best polymer pistol of all time. It just works!

tiretrack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    our side o the wire
    my only input would be ,try the 26 also. personally I shoot it better and it is slightly smaller. mostly listen to what these guys are telling you, if you can find any way ,get all three and put rounds thru them. they are probably going to go bang every time, unlike the Sig 938 I just purchased.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It all depends on what YOU find to be better suited for yourself.

If you're buying a Sub 2K that accepts only Glock 17 magazines then the choice is made for you. If you buy a Sub 2K that accepts Glock 19 magazines then that means it will also accept mags made for the 17. The hack job that KelTec does on the mag well for the Glock 19 versions look just like somebody did it in their garage with a wood saw. I'm sure you could do the same if you bought a Sub 2K 17 model and decided that you wanted a 19 instead.

I would not consider that the limiting factor, as the Glock 19 will accept 17 mags. You can always use the full size mags in the compact/subcompact Glocks of same caliber/framesize.

I'd personally buy the 19 and I'd have some 19 mags for carry in the gun, but would have some 17 mags for reloads, extra mags to carry.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    The biggest thing I hear is the G19 is easier to conceal then the G17. That is crap I wear the G17 everywhere I go (even running) and no one sees it. My wife is always watching if I imprint because it makes her nervous she can't tell most of the time.

So how does the fact that you conceal a 17 have ANYTHING at all to do whether or not a 19 is EASIER to conceal? It's a non-sequitur unless you are actually arguing that you can conceal a 17, but not a 19?. Are you arguing that you can conceal a 17 better? Or that you cannot conceal a 19?

Surely several folks can carry a 17 no problem. But they probably could also a carry 19 with even better concealability-- perhaps not shootability (due to shorter grip).

They could probably also conceal a G34 about as easily, since the grip length is the same as a 17.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I tried both, and went with the 17 as it fit my big hands perfect. No regrets. I love it. Go hold them both and decide what feels best to you.

I think several folks are in the same boat. A friend of mine has a G21 because it's the only Glock SMALL enough for him to shoot!

LIke lots of folks of said, it's about the feel in the hand.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I personally have small hands and love my G22. Now On the CCW side of the argument its not that bad unless you bend all the way over. Now The reason I qould recomend a G22 over your current selection of g17/g19 is that it actually can do the job of 3 pistols not just 1. You can get both a 9mm and .357 conversion kit for the .40sw line of glocks and itll use standard Glock magizines for both calibers as well.

Also right now .40sw is everywhere and easy to find plus cheaper than 9mm so you could shoot .40sw till the crazyness dies down then switch to a lone wolf match barrel and shoot 9mm.

Lonewolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    It comes down to what feels better in your hand. I have seen guys conceal 5 inch 1911's like its nothing. I have carried full-size, and mid-size Glocks without an issue. I really think how concealable a gun is all comes down to the holster you buy.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I personally have small hands and love my G22. Now On the CCW side of the argument its not that bad unless you bend all the way over. Now The reason I qould recomend a G22 over your current selection of g17/g19 is that it actually can do the job of 3 pistols not just 1. You can get both a 9mm and .357 conversion kit for the .40sw line of glocks and itll use standard Glock magizines for both calibers as well.

Also right now .40sw is everywhere and easy to find plus cheaper than 9mm so you could shoot .40sw till the crazyness dies down then switch to a lone wolf match barrel and shoot 9mm.

I wouldn't put the 9mm conversions in the same category. The .357 SIG is a true conversion with NO hiccups at all.

But the 9mm will cause the extractor and ejector to be wrong for the 9x19 cartridge. Reliability is not as good.

If you the OP wants a 9mm Glock and the attending reliability, a G22 is NOT a substitute. I love the G22, but the right way to shoot 9mm is a "proper" 9mm.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    It comes down to what feels better in your hand. I have seen guys conceal 5 inch 1911's like its nothing. I have carried full-size, and mid-size Glocks without an issue. I really think how concealable a gun is all comes down to the holster you buy.

This.

A proper holster and belt is really what it comes down to.

I have a few gLocks and as a EDC I prefer the G19 over the G17. For me the extra 2 rounds are negligible in the 15+1 vs 17+1 capacity. The extra barrel length (and sight radius) doesn't add anything in the accuracy department for me within 25 yards either, so there is no real gain there for me either.

Size wise the G19 is a standard (service) sized handgun, the G17 is more of a tactical model, when compared to other lines like the Springfield XD9 series.

When I carry spares, they are usually G17 mags.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    I have owned a G17 since 1988. Back about 3 years ago, I bought a G19, Gen 3. I love both guns, but prefer the G19. handle them both and choose whichever feels best.

Top Bottom