• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I believe it's a well made "knock off"....or possibly one which didn't get QC inspected and slipped out of the Glock factory.....

tell tale signs: Pic 1; the bases are even but when look at the mag catch they are at obviously different distances from the base, BUT the feed end is also obviously a different shape entirely...notice the two sided slant vs one illongated slant

pic 2; the feed end is stamped on the good one 9mm and the bad one is not (a tell tale sign of a knock off, because while duplicating engraving is relatively easy for people it is still difficult enough to consume a lot of time)...also, the "well" where the top round is fed from is squared in shape on the good one and the other is obviously rounded...and there is not a longer space between the first set of two round markings and the next set..plus Glock mags are stamped above and not to the side

pic 3; the good mag...you can very distinctly see the MOLD lines in the plastic near the base of the mag..one vertical under the Glock label and a square one surrounding the label....the bad mag does not have these distinct lines...and a mass producer would have the same lines in all of it's same parts...different molds would cost too much and cause to many problems in mass production facilities.......

you should send it to Glock...however I think you will find that it is a good knock off and will just spend money on shipping for nothing....not to bad mouth an INGO member...but I would have a feeling that there is more to its history than you think from what I can easily make out in these pictures alone

The Glock was bought new from Gander Mountain 3 weeks ago.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    eww....got hosed buying from gander...lol anyway, than I would say it's an older mag, possibly for a different model or different Gen.......but every Glock mag I've seen looks identical to your good one

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    screwed.....lol... they have horrible prices...even their sales aren't very good....

list of prices in town from highest to lowest
    Don's guns
    Gander Mountain, Pops guns
    Elmores

cheapest:
    Bradis
    Plainfield
    ITS
    AuctionArms.com, BudsGunshop.com...occasionally armslist.com
    Gunbroker.com

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    possibly one which didn't get QC inspected and slipped out of the Glock factory...

Most likely this.

the feed end is also obviously a different shape entirely...notice the two sided slant vs one illongated slant

the feed end is stamped on the good one 9mm and the bad one is not (a tell tale sign of a knock off

the "well" where the top round is fed from is squared in shape on the good one and the other is obviously rounded...and there is not a longer space between the first set of two round markings and the next set..plus Glock mags are stamped above and not to the side

the good mag...you can very distinctly see the MOLD lines in the plastic near the base of the mag..one vertical under the Glock label and a square one surrounding the label....the bad mag does not have these distinct lines...

I believe everything you describe can be accounted for by simple variations in magazine design and specifications over the years. An early NFML Glock mag is very different from a recent production FML mag.

To wit:
    G17mags-numbered-1.jpg

All of the magazines in this pic are Glock factory originals.

Mag 3 in the pic looks exactly like the OP's problem mag, to include the shorter height and different top geometry, and Mag 7 looks just like the OP's good mag.

not to bad mouth an INGO member

:rolleyes:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The Glock was bought new from Gander Mountain 3 weeks ago.

The OP stated he bought the gun from an INGO member? :scratch:

They both came with the gun, I bought the gun in a new in box unfired condition from a member here. The gun fit the bill, still had the copper grease on the rails. Both magazines have Glock stamps.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    possible.....the only way to know is manufaturers date of production....the mold lines will not change from one to another and back...if the mold changes it will be changed from then on until another update has been made to their process equipment...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Let's call a spade a spade....what are you trying to say?

Neither magazine in the OP's photos is new production. Did both mags come with the gun when you bought it from Gander Mountain? Was the gun represented to you as a new firearm?

I would be pissed if I bought a "new" pistol from a retail shop and it came with two old magazines of different types.

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    Newbomb was cool about everything. Bottom line, I found someone with an older model willing to trade me a new model magazine for the old one that works in his gun. Once again the knowledge on INGO has saved the day, and Newbomb was good to deal with and I already had given him props via I trader. I'd recommend him to anyone.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Newbomb was cool about everything. Bottom line, I found someone with an older model willing to trade me a new model magazine for the old one that works in his gun. Once again the knowledge on INGO has saved the day, and Newbomb was good to deal with and I already had given him props via I trader. I'd recommend him to anyone.

Case closed then, sounds like everyone is happy. :ingo:

Top Bottom