• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • llamant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    2e6hu92.jpg

Rifle was purchased new around 1979. Over the years its had very small bits broken off of the piece in the middle of the attached pic. It still functions, but I'd like to have the broken part replaced.

I've looked at Numrich schematics for both "old" and "New" models. I'm not certain if this qualifies as an old or new model. It appears to me to most closely resemble the "Hammer, New Style" here Hammer, New Style Gun Parts | 444040D | Numrich Gun Parts

Is this a correct part id? If not, can someone tell me what is this broken part? Will the part listed in the above link work in both "Old" and "New" models? (No available part was listed under the "old" schematic.)

And finally, is this something I might be able to take to a gunshop to have replaced or would I need to find someone special to repair this?

Romero Zombie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Greenwood
    Looks to be an "old model" with the split top hammer. With one side broken off it will be putting more force on one side of the bolt but I doubt it will hurt anything. If you really want to replace it I would check eBay under gun parts. You may find just the hammer but if not there are always several whole lower assemblies on there for sale. If you do want to try replacing it yourself there are videos on youtube that show how to get it done. Hope that helps.

dteed4094

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    If you do decide to replace it yourself, be sure to put a brad or small pin through the end of the rod to hold the spring pictured just left in the schematic, there is a small hole in the rod for this purpose it is next to impossible to put this spring back in if you find it after it flies acrossed the room. Place the pin so that the small guide brace is between the spring and the pin. Been there, done that. On the older models there are 2 screws that hold the assembly in the receiver at the front and a pin with a screw on one end at the rear. Nothing else holds the whole assembly together but a prayer. On the new models the front of the assy. just hooks under a pin. Good luck!

Top Bottom