• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    BOSTON, MA — A judge has ruled that a Boston teen may continue to be held captive in a hospital and forcibly drugged… indefinitely. The tragic series of events began when a doctor discarded an earlier medical diagnosis and declared another, prompting objections from her parents and threats to discharge her from Boston Children’s Hospital to take her to get a second opinion. An epic battle of egos ensued, and the hospital decided that the parents’ insolence in challenging the doctor was tantamount to child abuse. Without a trial or having broken a specific law, the girl was stripped from her parents’ custody and the state of Massachusetts has kept her indefinitely detained in a hospital since February 2013. Based on the latest ruling, the girl may very well be locked in a psychiatric ward until she turns 18 years old.

Parents lose custody of teen after seeking 2nd medical opinion; girl indefinitely detained in psych ward

Justina-Pelletier-parents-crying.png

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    It is my opinion that Obamacare will allow more of these situations. They will have more control over everyone. What law allows a doctor/hospital to take the child away from the parents? Doctors and nurses are the same folks that "practice" their profession and kill up to 300,000 Americans per year, by accident. Keep the change, I don't want any part of it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The child abuse laws, like so many others, can be twisted and manipulated into what ever is needed to maintain control in these situations.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    This isn't the 1st story like this coming out of Boston.

at least five instances of “unusually contentious cases over the last 18 months involving Children’s Hospital and the Department of Children and Families.”

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Hopefully there is more to the story than what appears.. I do know for sure, that if the story is as stated, I would find a way to bring my girl home.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Yeah..I read the link. There are times when things should be done...When is it morally permissible to act with force?

Since I dont want to get banned from the forum, I will reserve my comments, but surmise as to say I do believe it is morally permissible to do what is necessary to protect one's own children from the tyrannical government goons that are out there to do nothing more than to do us harm.

Gunner

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Since I dont want to get banned from the forum, I will reserve my comments, but surmise as to say I do believe it is morally permissible to do what is necessary to protect one's own children from the tyrannical government goons that are out there to do nothing more than to do us harm.

Gunner
    Me too..in a situation such as this things could get ugly quickly.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    You could use force and win the battle ... but they'd win the war. Where would a parent take their ill child... on the run? They parents would never be able to work if they went on the run. Eventually, the kids would be back in state custody and the parents would be in jail.
    They've got to do what's being done now. Try to win in the court of public opinion, keep it in the spotlight.
    It's amazing to me, that in a country that will let you abort a child almost at will, and seemingly, wants our elders to just lay down and die, the authorities will take it upon themselves to "save" a child from a parent's decisions. It's not about the life of the child anyway, it's about bureaucrats flexing their muscle and justifying their exitence.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    You could use force and win the battle ... but they'd win the war. Where would a parent take their ill child... on the run? They parents would never be able to work if they went on the run. Eventually, the kids would be back in state custody and the parents would be in jail.
    They've got to do what's being done now. Try to win in the court of public opinion, keep it in the spotlight.
    It's amazing to me, that in a country that will let you abort a child almost at will, and seemingly, wants our elders to just lay down and die, the authorities will take it upon themselves to "save" a child from a parent's decisions. It's not about the life of the child anyway, it's about bureaucrats flexing their muscle and justifying their exitence.

That is why we must pray for the ruination of the current form of tyrannical government, the new Nazi's that is the TSA (Trained Sexual Abusers), and whatever division of child services exists to do nothing more than to take away children from loving homes, and place them into drug dens and dens of abuse.

Gunner

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Gunner

Me too..in a situation such as this things could get ugly quickly.

Not always.
    But it would take more than the parents. Maybe a neighborhood tired of shenanigans.

Top Bottom