• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvriley315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    Mooresville
    Hello everyone, I haven't been on for a couple of years now, so please forgive me for being gone for so long!!! I am looking at getting back to reloading again, and I want to start with a 45ACP GI Hardball duplication load. I am going to be using 230 grFMJ and I would like to use Titegroup since I have about 12 pounds of it. Does anyone have a good receipe that I can use? Thank you and I'll try not to stay away for so long!!

Indian

NRA LIFE
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I have a load I like, and use for my 45ACP using Tightgroup. I been using this load for over 6 years and all my pistols chambered in 45ACP loves this load. I am no expert but I sure some of the other members will chime in also.
    Tightgroup @ 5.2 gr using 230 gr RN
    Velocity is around 850

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    My SR1911 with the factory barrel liked 5.0 grains of Titegroup the best group wise. This was using Berry's (plated) 230gr RN set at 1.260"oal. Never chrono'd it, but I bet it'll be just a bit slower than Indian's load.

I've read that "mil spec" for 45acp 230gr ball is 855fps plus/minus 30fps. This window of velocity seems to be what most of the commercial loads are rated for also.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom