• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    Last Tuesday my girlfriend apt was broke into. She woke up to go to work and the sliding glass door in the back of her apt. was standing wide open as well as the front door. I was actually there but she left before me and shut the doors and went to work. And told me about it that night. She assumed I let her dog out and left both doors open, which I didn't. But before we went to bed, I personally remember locking the front door, however, I did not check the sliding door.

Here is what we think happen: she lives on the second floor. Her 3rd floor neighbors were having a party that night and some drunk ahole probably climb down and entered her apt. through the sliding door and exited out the front door, which can only be lock by a key from the outside. My laptop was sitting in plain view on the sofa but nothing was taking (as well as her wii and a bunch of other $$ stuff) . I figured someone was just being stupid and thought this would be funny. I was spending the night there that night and if I would have woke up there would have been the castle doc. envoked with the G19.

I have since bought her metal rods to put between the sliding glass doors. And also an alarm that will beep or go off on her front door. I have also bought a rail light for her G19 and will be getting her training the first time it is offered closed by. She has a dog but it sleeps in the room with us and is a VERY sound sleeper. Nice dog but pretty worthless :D.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    You can get a battery-powered motion detector for about $10 bucks, and if your bedroom door faces out into the rest of the apt., that might help too...

Top Bottom