• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greatwhite223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Rural LaGrange
    I would imagine this is not the first time this question has come up, but searching through the threads did not turn up any answers.

I recently (in the last year) got my paperwork and acquired a suppressor.

ANYWAY, I have several rifles, the first two that come to mind are AR-15, that the muzzle is not threaded. I was wondering if anyone knew of a machine shop or gun smith that they could recommend to mill threads onto my barrels? If it turns out well, and is not too expensive I may also have a few bolt actions that I would have done as well.

It may be cheaper, especially with my 5.56 to just get a different barrel. But I like the fluted stainless look my rifle currently has. Maybe a reason to build a different rifle, but I think the trigger time would be more enjoyed on this one with the noise suppression. And I have yet to try out the binary trigger that is installed.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_20220226_183037641.jpg
      IMG_20220226_183037641.jpg
      431 KB · Views: 13

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Since you are up north, I'd check Belchers Gunsmithing in Mishawaka. I've never used them personally but have heard good things about them.

If you're up for a road trip, AllenM from Diamond Collision in Avon, (just west of Indy). He's a Site Advertiser.

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    For an AR it may be just as cheap and easier to buy a new barrel rather than have an existing one threaded. For bolt actions, I've had AllenM do a couple and I believe it was around $150ish or so for him do it.

Top Bottom