Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    CCI has always been expensive. PSA is hit or miss. For example:
    The CC! shotshells are 9.99 at PSA and 8.87 at Walmart
    The CCI .17HMR FMJ is 12.99 at PSA, but its 14.67 at Walmart
    The CCI standard velocity is 6.99 at PSA, its 5.99 at Walmart.

I bought some CCI standard at *GASP* Gander Mountain the other day for 4.99/50
    No its not cheap, But the base prices have gone up a good chunk, and its NOT coming back down. You still find inflated prices, but our ideas of what a good price is, are gonna have to change for the future.
    I bought CCI mini mag 3 years ago and it was twice the price of Remington Thunderbolt, but I had just got my new savage 22 and wanted to try all the different ammo on the shelves. Remember when there was 10 different brands on the shelf at rural king?

After paying twice as much, it had a looser group than the thunderbolt. Both similar velocity. CCI is a ripoff IMO.

But I was there and they had it, so I said hell, why not.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Apparently the Walmart in Avon off 36 gets cans of TulAmmo .223 (500rds for $119) and 7.62x39 (640rds for $137). They come with openers. The price is pretty much near or at internet pricing and you end up paying around $8 for tax instead of shipping.

Sadly for everyone else, I just bought the last can of each yesterday, but the guy behind the counter says they've been getting them in.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just lucked out along with tbhausen... I called Walmart in Plainfield and they were just putting out 20 boxes of Federall 550 .22 LR 36 grain copper plated hollow points. We hauled ass down from Brownsburg and got 3 boxes each for $76.98. As they rang ours up at 6 PM the person in line behind us was buying 3 of the last 5 boxes left. That was nearly an hour ago so I'm sure they're all gone now.

Just a lucky Easter Sunday score... Not the best ammo but I'll take what I can get for range and plinking and save my WInchester M-22 and CCI standard velocity for my next Appleseed. Maybe .22 LR is coming back a bit? The clerk said this was only a partial shipment and they usually get Winchester 555 in also but not this time. I did think it was strange they were putting ammo out on Sunday evening, though.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Gander n Avon all the .22 u could want but limit one. M-22 :welcome:

Yeah, sign said limit 2 on bulk packs, but they would only let you buy 1 bulk pack per brand. Picked up some thunderbolts and some federal. I wanted some golden bullets to feed my AA conversion kits, but no luck on that. My 15-22 will chew up the other stuff though.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    the 50/5$ was CCI brand. They had another brand, but it was more expensive. I think it was in a red box

I've been able to pick up some Federal recently and some thunderbolts, but anybody seen any Remington Golden Bullets lately? My 15-22 will eat all of it, but my AA kits prefer the Golden Bullets.

BOTA56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Columbia City
    4/28 at 9AM, Columbia City Walmart will have 2 Win bulk packs that are $50.87 so I'm going to guess they are 1000 rounds. Also, 10 boxes of Remington 22lr. They are 225 rounds each.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom