• Status
    Not open for further replies.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well, at $70-$80 then I agree with you, $90 today is not a bad price at all in that light.

I've shot this ammo for a few years in my match rifle and before the ammo shortage this stuff was selling for $70-80 per 500. Considering some of the other ridiculous prices, this is really that bad for decent match 22lr ammo. In my rifle it shoots better than $24 per box Eley Tenex and about the same as $20 Lapua Midas+, so for me, this is still a pretty good buy for what you get. I agree this is not ammo you are just going to blast with at this price but it's not intended to be.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    West Lafayette WM had 30 boxes of Federal Champion 9mm (50rds) yesterday. I was in to buy .45. Nobody in SG, asked 3 different employees to get help. They all called it in on the radio but got no response.
    There were 6 other people trying to get ammo. After 45 minutes everyone left. I never did see someone come back.
    3 employees were in electronics, basically screwing off, but not one in SG. I left about $200 worth of merch on the counter and walked out. They lost all of those sales plus whatever the other customers were going to purchase, plus the additional $120 I was going to spend on ammo.
    Went to GM instead. I hated doing it, but needed the ammo.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    I stopped in Profire off of Rockville rd, I recently started reloading. These guys are the "real deal" their customer service is the best. These guys are also extremely knowledgable, they made me feel like I couldn't ask a dumb question. They will always have my business. I also bought their Red Star ammo, it shoots very clean, it feels very nice. Check these guys out, well worth the road trip. Thanks ProFire!

Shhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! Don't let the secret out. While everyone else is at gander and wal-mart, you can quietly stop by and pick up superior ammo at competitive prices.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    JEEZE. I should pay more attention when I buy stuff. Went to Wal-Mart yesterday for some groceries, as always go straight to the ammo counter first to buy one box of ammo for each type of gun I have. With it being cold out, I've amassed a halfway decent ammo stock for whenever I get to go to the range this year. Building an AR, so figured now is a good time to start buying 223 and stacking it up...

My eyes are bad, I can read the prices but can't determine what type of ammo is behind the price in the case. I can't read that small of numbers from behind the counter. I tell the lady: "I need a box of 223, box of 9mm, and I'll take one of those 100rd packs of 45ACP if you still got them."

She rings some stuff up, I must be thinking about groceries or what I'll cook for dinner and I just swipe my debit card and go on with my shopping and don't take note of the price. I get home and realize I was charged $85.81 (before tax) for 50rds of 9mm, 100rds of 45ACP, and 20rds of 223... The price of the .223 was $32.27 (I think, or $38.77 but I think that was the 45).

Unsure if the ammo I bought was all they had in stock, but the box she rung up was Winchester Match 'competitive target' ammo... 69 grain, black box. More than a $1.50/rd. I need to find the cheap stuff.

In short: Pay attention. If I had known or paid attention to the cost I'd probably have asked if that was all they had in. :)

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    West Lafayette WM had 30 boxes of Federal Champion 9mm (50rds) yesterday. I was in to buy .45. Nobody in SG, asked 3 different employees to get help. They all called it in on the radio but got no response.
    There were 6 other people trying to get ammo. After 45 minutes everyone left. I never did see someone come back.
    3 employees were in electronics, basically screwing off, but not one in SG. I left about $200 worth of merch on the counter and walked out. They lost all of those sales plus whatever the other customers were going to purchase, plus the additional $120 I was going to spend on ammo.
    Went to GM instead. I hated doing it, but needed the ammo.

You waited 45 minutes without demanding to speak with a manager? I'd be asking for a manager after 10 minutes. WM is horrible enough without having to stand around for that length of time.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I specifically asked for them. That's what I was waiting so long for. I wouldn't have waited that long. They never showed. I listened to the the employee helping me out asking on his radio. They wouldn't even respond.
    Yet, whoever on the other end kept hassling this employee about how many employees were in electronics. They would not respond about his inquiries about the ammo case or the manager coming to the floor...
    Honestly, it's a lesson learned for me and money lost from them. Even if it's only our weekly shopping, it will go somewhere else.
    The home office will hear about it as well. I don't have any delusions about it changing anything...

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Just an FYI, It would be nice if ammo conversation was kept in the main forum for ammunition & reloading. It would be even better if one could look in this thread for ammo deals. Just sayin' ...

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Just an FYI, It would be nice if ammo conversation was kept in the main forum for ammunition & reloading. It would be even better if one could look in this thread for ammo deals. Just sayin' ...

Go ahead and start one for deals. I'll subscribe. As for this one, it just says "Get Your Ammo Here." It doesn't say anything about deals. I think there's a place for both types of threads.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    This thread is going to be a sticky to help clean up some of the "I saw ammo at Some Ammo Store for a Really Great Price!" threads. If you find ammo somewhere and want to make an announcement to let your fellow INGOers know about it, please post it here.

Thanks! :)

This is the first post when this thread was started. Probably the same reason it was put up as a sticky. It is designed to let INGO users know where deals are to be found.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    To save everyone some time, I'll summarize all of the preceding 500+ pages of posts...

22lr is difficult to find
    22lr is easy to find if you are willing to pay $60+ per brick
    ammo flippers are scum
    ammo flippers are capitalism at its' finest
    the Walmart app sucks
    the Walmart app works
    here's an online source for 22lr; it'll be gone before you finish reading this post
    Walmart has ammo
    Walmart doesn't have any ammo
    Walmart employees are buying the ammo themselves
    Dick's has ammo, but don't buy from Dick's
    Here's an online source for .223
    The online source for .223 is overpriced
    The online source for .223 is a good deal

This thread may now be closed. You're welcome.

Dolton916

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Porter County
    To save everyone some time, I'll summarize all of the preceding 500+ pages of posts...

ammo flippers are scum
    the Walmart app sucks
    the Walmart app works
    here's an online source for 22lr; it'll be gone before you finish reading this post
    Walmart has ammo

:rofl:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Ran across some .380 at the Avon Walmart earlier. I haven't been having much luck finding it at any Walmarts, so this was a nice find I went home and decided to clean out my truck and found 1 round of .22lr under a seat. This was an even better find! I'll be posting that round of .22lr in the classifieds later if anybody is interested!

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013

ammo flippers are scum
    the Walmart app sucks
    the Walmart app works
    Walmart has ammo

Forgot. "Online source is stocked but sold out before I could put it in my cart."

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    decided to clean out my truck and found 1 round of .22lr under a seat. This was an even better find! I'll be posting that round of .22lr in the classifieds later if anybody is interested!

Too FUNNY!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom