• Status
    Not open for further replies.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    NO- It was 40 gr. jacketed HP -1440 fp sec . Good stuff - but 11.00+ per 100 ? .... ouch

Blazers -2.47 per 50 -probably gone , it's been over an hour...

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yeah , they lifted the box limit .
    5 guys standing in line .
    The 1st guy whipped out hid c - card and bought the whole case of 9 mm. ( blood still boiling )

That's definitely the downside to there no longer being a 3 box limit. TBH, I'm not sure which I dislike more, having to only buy 3 boxes of ammo, or watching the guy in front of me take all of what I was there for...

BTW, just got back from the WM on 31 in Greenwood and they had a few American Eagle Federal 100 round boxes and a few Federal Champion 50 round boxes, plus assorted .40 and .45, but no .22 or .380.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Are the Walmarts dropping any box limit or just going back to the old 6 box limit? At least most of the ones I went to had that 6 box limit for quite some time before December 2012.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Was in Fishers 96th st WM 2pm today 1Mar 14.

no change in the 1 box of a kind limit, 3 boxes total

all Wal Marts are not the same.

Well, I find that very odd, but then, it is Fishers :rolleyes: (that's not to you BTW, but to Fishers).

Was in the WM on 31 in Greenwood yesterday and they had 100 round boxes of Tula (brass) 9mm for under $26 with tax. Had never used it, so took it with me to the range and I'd say it was as good as the WWB I usually get for a little more money ($25.67 before taxes if I remember correctly). If I see it in stock again I'll definitely pick more up, seemed to be great plinking ammo.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yes wt, on my way home from work, I sometimes stop at the Emmerson 465 WM, Pendleton Pike WM, or maybe Nobletuckies SR 37 WM. All have different limits.

Saw in Fishers, they bulk boxed two Federal 230 gr FMJ 50 rd boxes with 20 rds of JHP in a box for $73.97, about what it gos for retail anyway, but nice to have for you Glock 30 lovers, 100 rds of practice and 20 rds to carry. Anybody else see that packaging? There were three on the lower shelf when I left.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That's odd that they would do it on a per store basis. Most large corporations like WM enforce their rules across the entirety, not for separate shops. I wonder if that indicates the stores with no limits will be getting more frequent shipments? The WM on 31 in Greenwood seems to have 9mm more often than it did just a month ago, plus more types of ammo than I've seen in my few months of shooting. Where previously it was only WWB and Federal Champion, now I've also seen the Tula brass and AE Federal 100 round boxes. I'm pretty excited to see these changes, as instead of buying as much ammo as possible, I can now pick up a box or two as needed. Of course, I now have a bit of a stockpile at home, in case something happens to dry it up again.

Yes, I saw those same combo packs in Greenwood. If I pick up a 1911 soon (by the end of the month probably), I'll have to pick one up.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Just picked up two bricks of Remington Thunderbolt 22LR for $29 and change out the door at Dutchman Hunting Supplies in Shipsawana. I was luck enough to have my wife with me so we each got one. They had 90 boxes left as of 4:20 EST

kb66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Noblesville
    500 rounds match-grade 22lr at Classic Firearms for the low, low price of only $0.18/round. 500 rounds, $90, plus I suppose shipping. Stopped being interested at that price. I am not supporting these ridiculous prices.

Wolf Match Extra .22 Long Rifle Match Grade Ammo 500 Round Brick - Ammunition

I've shot this ammo for a few years in my match rifle and before the ammo shortage this stuff was selling for $70-80 per 500. Considering some of the other ridiculous prices, this is really not that bad for decent match 22lr ammo. In my rifle it shoots better than $24 per box Eley Tenex and about the same as $20 Lapua Midas+, so for me, this is still a pretty good buy for what you get. I agree this is not ammo you are just going to blast with at this price but it's not intended to be.

Last edited:

Unchained

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Westfield
    I stopped in Profire off of Rockville rd, I recently started reloading. These guys are the "real deal" their customer service is the best. These guys are also extremely knowledgable, they made me feel like I couldn't ask a dumb question. They will always have my business. I also bought their Red Star ammo, it shoots very clean, it feels very nice. Check these guys out, well worth the road trip. Thanks ProFire!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom