• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have two M&P 40 police trade-ins that I've bought over the years.
    I ordered S&W OEM .357 Sig barrels for both of them and swapped them out.
    The magazines work for both and are marked as so.
    They fit my hand MUCH better than my Glocks do, and they shoot .357 Sig very well.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I would part with the 21SF first. Not sure about the rarity of it, but my guess would be that you'll get top dollar for it in this market.

Keep the newer two pin models for backups or loaners until you've settled in on your new platform. In the meantime, you still have one gun that is compatible with the largest % of law enforcement and private EDC's.

Hard to argue with keeping a gun that uses most of the magazines, holsters and gear out there, although it would be even more compatible if it was a G19.

Gen 5 G19 MOS would be a perfect "extra" gun. Lots of options.

:twocents:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Has anybody had problems with the 43X ? Maybe 25 round and it is really hurting the finger.
    I have a crooked index finger. With my G17 it rubs the inside of the trigger guard and after 25-50 rounds at the range my finger gets sore. One of the reasons I am looking to get a pistol with a more rounded trigger guard. No issues with the Beretta 92 series and although I have nit shot one the cz 75 platform seems to fit as well.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I would part with the 21SF first. Not sure about the rarity of it, but my guess would be that you'll get top dollar for it in this market.

Keep the newer two pin models for backups or loaners until you've settled in on your new platform. In the meantime, you still have one gun that is compatible with the largest % of law enforcement and private EDC's.

Hard to argue with keeping a gun that uses most of the magazines, holsters and gear out there, although it would be even more compatible if it was a G19.

G45 will fit in any G19 holster and most G17 holsters

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

G45 will fit in any G19 holster and most G17 holsters

Absolutely. I'm very happy with the G45 (shameless plug ;) ) and the G45 using the already owned and widely available G19 gear was a huge factor in buying a couple of them.

The only weak point of the G45 for overall compatibility with the most other widely available Glock components is that it cannot take the G19 mag.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I just never could get used to changing my wrist angle to shoot the 3 Glocks that I have had in the past also, just can't get used to the triggers in the striker fired guns. Always ended up selling them. I will just stick with my 1911s, natural point of aim.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I got to shoot a buddy's 43X with the Apex trigger. All of the problems I was having were gone.
    Now do I spend over a $100 . . . . or just put this one up for sale?

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I got to shoot a buddy's 43X with the Apex trigger. All of the problems I was having were gone.
    Only you can make that decision. Do you like everything else about the gun, and does it fulfill your needs? Can you shoot it well despite the trigger pinch? What will you replace it with, and is your intended replacement in stock or hard to find? Are you already invested in a bunch of mags, a couple of holsters, night sights, etc? All things to consider.

If you do decide to sell it, you won't have any trouble moving it. The 43x is very popular. Before you do, though, visit a range that rents handguns and try out a few potential replacements.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'd put a WTB add in for aftermarket triggers for that gun. In the meantime really, really increase your dry fire trigger pulling.

I occasionally get trigger finger rub pain, after shooting high round count matches. Seems as if pulling the trigger more either develops callus and or self-adjusts ergonomically for the pain to eventually disappear.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I'd put a WTB add in for aftermarket triggers for that gun. In the meantime really, really increase your dry fire trigger pulling.

I occasionally get trigger finger rub pain, after shooting high round count matches. Seems as if pulling the trigger more either develops callus and or self-adjusts ergonomically for the pain to eventually disappear.
    This one feels like it is the safety bar in the trigger.
    Dry fire has be a part of my practice of years. But, my figure doesn't like it on this trigger.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I had a CZ P10C that I really wanted to like. But after trying 3 different triggers out, I could not rid myself of the trigger pinch. I talked to one of the aftermarket trigger companies when I asked to return the trigger(which they let me) and he said that trigger guard design plays a role.

I know plenty of others have had that issue and yet others don't have the issue. I suspect it's a combination of frame/trigger design and shooter.

If a different trigger cures the issue, fine. If not, move on to a different firearm.

And not like BW's pain. That is a product of a lot of rounds. My pain with the P10C came on the first mag. To this day, if I shoot my friends, one mag is all I need. It's akin to shooting full house .357 rounds out of an Airweight. Just not fun after one loading. :)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    If it makes any difference you can get a Tango Down flat face trigger for about $60. The pistol is small and recoil is a little snappy, it's not an unusual complaint.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    A couple of minutes with an emery board could smooth out the sharp edges of the trigger safety and might solve your problem.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have been shooting Glocks since the early 90's but almost exclusively for the last 20 years. A few months ago I bought a Walther Q5 SF and haven't shot my Glocks since. I have never been a believer in ergonomics in a handgun as I shot Glocks just fine, but dang does this thing feel good.

What!!!!!! Actually I have always liked the Walthers. Currently I am completely vested into Glocks, Walther PPQ and 1911. Glocks and 1911 because they are Glocks and 1911. Walther because I haven’t fallen into the trap known as CZ.

Top Bottom