• ...and so much more!
  • RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    <vent on>

I Effing hate my works firewall security settings! Now they've added most pic share sites that are used on here. So now its damn near a waste of time logging in from work to see anything pic related on INGO.

Did I mention GD IT?!?! If not GD IT!!!

Thats the thing about work that I hate...they expect results an stuff....WTF?

<vent off>

Carry on :yesway: :D :cool:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Same boat at work. I read the comments and try to determine how funny, cool, sick it must be. Then, when I get home, I verify for myself:)

dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    work around

Assuming you are using broad band at home, log into yur firewall, point port 3389 to your home machine, make sure remote desktop is enable on your home machine, make sure all of the local accounts on your computer are password protected with strong passwords, go to a web site like who am I and write down your external ip address. when you get to work open remote desktop, put in your IP and whala you now are surfing through your home ISP

Just a thought :rockwoot:

dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    with that

with that work around you will find that most internet usage policies no longer apply to you because you are using your personal internet connection and you are not pulling any bandwidth to speak of

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    with that work around you will find that most internet usage policies no longer apply to you because you are using your personal internet connection and you are not pulling any bandwidth to speak of

I admit I had not thought of that! lol

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Hey, your IT department could be like mine, where they blacklist anything that doesn't have to do with your corporate doings. Using my network at home would work, but I can't access anything outside of our basic corporate intranet..

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've allegedly been known to tunnel all my traffic over an SSH tunnel to a remote proxy. Allegedly.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I missed on purchasing a knife the other day due to a corporate firewall for "weapons" I think is what websense flagged it as. Logged on with me Windows Mobile phone and it was gone by the time I got back to the thread on the forum. :xmad:

Might as well set up remote desktop for that reason, I had actually not considered that either! I have no other use for it, but that use alone will be enough of a reason. But then I have to password protect my PC too. Sigh.

Top Bottom