• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    How could buyer Social Security numbers be published if none were provided on 4473's?
    I thought SS cannot be disclosed to the public because of the likelihood that those individuals could be exposed to fraud??
    Here is something to make you warm and fuzzy. THe Gary, Indiana IRS office sat abandoned for years with all the records stacked on shelves floor to ceiling. There were large garage doors on the back, big enough for a 5 ton straight truck. The doors were removed and records were open for anyone to help themselves for years. People even video recorded the conditions and sent them to the IRS, but they never responded.

The same conditions are found at the abandoned Gary Police evidence room, where stacks of unprocessed rape kits sit on shelves along with bins and bins of things confiscated during whatever investigations may have taken place and never resolved.

No one is being held accountable for failure of public trust. That does not just imply, but proves that citizens have NO reason to trust ANY branch of the government.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Here is something to make you warm and fuzzy. THe Gary, Indiana IRS office sat abandoned for years with all the records stacked on shelves floor to ceiling. There were large garage doors on the back, big enough for a 5 ton straight truck. The doors were removed and records were open for anyone to help themselves for years. People even video recorded the conditions and sent them to the IRS, but they never responded.

The same conditions are found at the abandoned Gary Police evidence room, where stacks of unprocessed rape kits sit on shelves along with bins and bins of things confiscated during whatever investigations may have taken place and never resolved.

No one is being held accountable for failure of public trust. That does not just imply, but proves that citizens have NO reason to trust ANY branch of the government.
    That's pitiful. It's hard to say if it's worse than the OPM hack a few years back. At least I still have a few years of free monitoring left from that...

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

I can speak from personal experience involving litigation I was a party to that courts CANNOT be trusted to order or enforce redaction of information that could easily be used for Identity Theft, including suppressing SSANs and Bank Account numbers. I've found that many trial judges are inept, incompetent and lazy. Some of them simply don't care and live in denial that it could be used for nefarious purposes. The same judges think everyone writes paper checks for everything, demanding (copies of) canceled checks and threatening contempt citations when they're told such documents don't exist. Requires counsel DEMAND specific redactions by court order BEFORE it becomes part of the court's public record. Even then, there's no guarantee it will be diligently carried out and I saw one of the parties publicly release unredacted documents and nothing was done to punish/discipline the person who did it, even after complaining about it. The real remedy is for anyone answering interrogatories or document production subpoenas to object and redact such information before submitting it. I've seen some mind boggling judges and judicial behavior at trial court level.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom