• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Where do you all go for hog hunts from here? I've been looking into Missouri since that's the closest drive from here.

Also, to address the topic at hand, I'd look for a 150gr soft tip to use on a hog. I have a bunch that I plan to use for deer loads in my Garand.
    There are hog hunting options in Michigan and Tennessee as well if you don't mind hunting behind a fence. However, all of my hog hunting has been done in Texas and that is what I would recommend. There are plenty of outfitters available for a wide range of prices but if you're more interested in the hunt than amenities, there are a number of public hunting options which can be highly successful for a low cost.

The first option is to buy an annual public hunting permit ($50) which gives you a booklet listing all available public hunting opportunities, species available, and rules and regulations for each property along with access to all of the properties. Hogs are available on many properties, especially in eastern Texas. If you do your research and prepare accordingly, a very good hunting experience can be had.

The second option is to enter the limited entry drawings for hog hunts. These will typically be in areas with higher hog populations and if drawn, you or your group will be assigned to either a sizeable compartment to hunt or in some cases pre-prepared blinds. The application fee is $3 per hunt and if you're drawn the permit fee is either $80 or $120 depending on the length of the hunt. The hunts I have done have been draw hunts however, both of the places I hunted have been moved from drawn hunts to annual public hunting permit areas.

Top Bottom