• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Papabeargsh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Anderson
    If you purchase a firearm at Gander Mountain they will sell you ammo they have stored in the back. Was in there today looking for some 9mm fmj. I overheard the salesman tell a guy who had just finished up and he said you want any ammo? The guy said you have some? Yes, it's in the back for anybody who buys a firearm.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    If you purchase a firearm at Gander Mountain they will sell you ammo they have stored in the back. Was in there today looking for some 9mm fmj. I overheard the salesman tell a guy who had just finished up and he said you want any ammo? The guy said you have some? Yes, it's in the back for anybody who buys a firearm.
    I know. I had bought a 9mm a couple of weeks ago and got the same surprise. This is not abnormal though because another gun store, that I frequent, does the same thing. Some people will not buy a gun if they can't get the ammo with it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Don't worry, it was still overpriced in my opinion. I bought a Glock 19 there recently as I had won a GC to Gander. I got them to PM the gun to an LGS. When he offered ammo (actually, put the hard sell tactic to work), I politely turned him down given the price was quite high (although I readily admit, I have not purchased much ammo during the panic) and that I had some on hand already (not a lot as 9mm is/was not one of my core calibers). He looked like a bit of a whipped pup when I turned down the cleaning kits, over priced ammo, etc. I asked about mags just to hear what their inflated price would be and he was even a bit more upset that he didn't have any in stock to try and sell to me.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    But for what they charge for the guns, they'd better give the ammo for free. I bought both of my XDM's from ZX in Feb, each was $100 cheaper than Gander's price. totally worth the drive from Indy. BTW, they sold me 40cal ammo at $18/box back then.

gunner69

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Anderson
    Yea they either keep a little for customers buying guns so they can actually shoot, or they can put it out on the shelf for the hoarders and price gougers to buy up Friday morning. Friend bought a shield 9mm there awhile back and they had remington 9mm 50rnds for $16 and blazer brass [STRIKE]250[/STRIKE]350rnds for $120, not great but better than some of the lgs around.

Last edited:

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    carmel
    Yea they either keep a little for customers buying guns so they can actually shoot, or they can put it out on the shelf for the hoarders and price gougers to buy up Friday morning. Friend bought a shield 9mm there awhile back and they had remington 9mm 50rnds for $16 and blazer brass 250rnds for $120, not great but better than some of the lgs around.

The blazer brass is $120 for 350 rounds, bought some Friday with my new czp07:)

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Don't worry, it was still overpriced in my opinion.

I picked up a couple of handguns at Midwest and the salesman asked if I wanted any ammo. I asked "how much" to which he replied "$45 for a box of 50". I told him no thanks and then down the road at Big R in Warsaw a week later I picked up the same ammo for $29.

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    I was at Gander on Friday looking at possibly buying my 1st ar. The sales guy told me he would sell me 200 rounds if I bought a gun. Not sure of the price though as I couldn't justify paying 200-300 more for the gun than a LGS.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I can't really fault Gander on the ammo policy. As for their inflated prices, yes, their prices are high. But as someone else briefly noted, Gander Mountain will match any local, in stock prices on firearms. I'm of the opinion that you should support local gun stores, but if for whatever reason for you'd rather go to Gander, you can get a reasonable price.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    (The haunting phrase of the classifieds section)

If you Dont like the prices, dont buy it...."

As for them offering ammo with firearm purchases. Ok. Their store, run it as they wish. No one makes anyone go into their store, so no one ios OBLIGATED to buy their stuff.

brownhornet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Mishawaka, IN
    Midwest can be a ripoff. I try not to buy anything there unless I can't find it somewhere else in town. I'd rather drive over to Granger Guns and see if they have what I need first.

jtbriles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Outside the box
    I have witnessed this as well, but I wasn't the one buying. However, I was in GM two weeks ago on a Friday morning and a guy looking at 1911s was told there was not any 45 ammo in the back to sell him if he bought a handgun. I asked the salesman to verify and he said they did not stock ammo in back, even though I know they do. I guess the salesman didn't like that particular customer.

Top Bottom