• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I stopped by the GM store on Lima Road in the Fort this afternoon. Place was jammed like an electronic shop on Black Friday! People taking numbers to be served. Folks handling pistols less than thirty seconds and saying, "I'll take it!" There were three people filling out background check forms while I was drooling over the Glocks and 1911 Kahrs and Kimbers. I looked for ARs. There was one on display. ONE. It was behind the counter and I was not about to take a number just ask the brand name and the price, so I have no details.

On the way out I met a friend at the door. He indicated he was there to check out their sale on Bushmasters and hurried back to the firearm corner to see if he could get that last one. I mentioned the GM high price guarantee, and suggested he check our Sniper Co. Still, no way of knowing if Sniper has a Bushmaster in stock.

Folks are sure snapping up the ARs, pistols—even revolvers were getting a lot of attention. Dick's and Cheaper Than Dirt are sure losing a lot of profit by abandoning us in our time of need! ;)

Is this happening at your local GM, too?

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Yep Greenwood was the same way today. I stopped in looking for a wet stong and there were at least 40 people in the gun section. They were lined up at the counters and in every isle looking for ammo. They were also taking numbers.

micheljns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    I stopped by 3 gun stores today in ft Wayne and called another 4-5 no ak's or ar's to be found! I already have all I need but it's weird seeing the shelves empty...

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    I stopped in gander mountain the other day, saw a Glock 23 Gen 4 listed for $699 and walked out.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Yep! I stopped in the Castleton store to get some Break Free and people were lined up 3 rows deep along the counter and another 20 or so milling around behind that. This was a Monday at around 2-2:30. Wasn't this a dayn before the prez's news conference? Probably got busier after that.

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    Everyone can say what they want, But GM didnt pull product from the shelf, they didnt jack the prices up and they helped everyone they could get to. I see a lot of bashing on here of the big box places, but it was the LGS that marked a stripped blem lower up to 300 bucks, it was a LGS that raped you on the "same" ar that was 900 bucks last week and 1500 this week.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    gander takes advantage of gun owners every day with their pricing.... So they don't have to mark it up. Everyone who has inflated prices just put theirs more inline with what gander charges daily!

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    I disagree that gander takes advantage of people, Dons takes advantage of people! Gander normally has a large selection of stuff on the shelf and in stock. Name one other place that keeps that amount of stuff in stock and will price match a real brick and mortor store if its in stock and not just being ordered from davidson or rsr or some other wholesales outlet. Im not saying its the end all to be all , but you have to admit this price hike has been a kick in the nuts by fellow gun people. Ive never seen a group so greedy to pillage and plunder thier own kind in the name of "get it before its gone"

tomesmalls

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    The Gander Mountain in Hobart/Merrillville has raised their prices as of Christmas Eve. Ar's are long gone but plenty of handguns

Top Bottom