• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It's interesting they only took long guns. You'd think the typical smash and grab thief would go after handguns which are easier to sell on the street.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    When I worked at Galyan's, they took mostly handguns. They would come in through the ceiling.

It got so bad, that we had to put the pistols in safes every night after the 3rd or 4th burglary.

You'd think the typical smash and grab thief would go after handguns which are easier to sell on the street.

Not singular. They work in teams.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Did anyone listen to the Gun Guy Show this past weekend? Guy had asked people to call in with ideas for improving gun laws for the next legislative session. One guy did call in concerned about number of gun stores that had been broken into over the last couple of years and thought there might be some gun storage legislation that was in order for gun retailers. Stuff like this might just help build a case for such legislation.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Did anyone listen to the Gun Guy Show this past weekend? Guy had asked people to call in with ideas for improving gun laws for the next legislative session. One guy did call in concerned about number of gun stores that had been broken into over the last couple of years and thought there might be some gun storage legislation that was in order for gun retailers. Stuff like this might just help build a case for such legislation.

It is just sad that we have to put new laws on the books for people to properly respond to changing social climates.
    If I owned a GS and saw what the world was coming too I would have a proper storage area for the guns. It is just part of being in this business.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It is just sad that we have to put new laws on the books for people to properly respond to changing social climates.
    If I owned a GS and saw what the world was coming too I would have a proper storage area for the guns. It is just part of being in this business.

Thieves raise prices for all of us. Whatever measures these retailers might take or be legally forced to take will not do us customers any favors. The thieves will then just go to the next, easiest target -- maybe our houses.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    How's this for a new gun law: five year minimum sentence for anyone stealing a firearm. Five year sentence for possessing a stolen firearm if it can be proven the possessor knew the gun was stolen.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    How's this for a new gun law: five year minimum sentence for anyone stealing a firearm. Five year sentence for possessing a stolen firearm if it can be proven the possessor knew the gun was stolen.

I don't agree with minimum sentencing. It removes the option from the judge to pass appropriate sentences to fit the crime. If a judge can't be trusted to order appropriate sentences, then that judge should be removed.

I also don't agree with placing the burden on the gun store to secure their inventory. Usually, gun stores are secure with the exception of criminals using a vehicle for a battering ram. We have seen vehicles used to drive through concrete block walls to gain access to stores. Just how far would we burden gun stores to prevent this type of breach? And if there was legislation passed to require gun stores to secure their inventory, legislators would then begin placing the same burdens on private gun owners and possibly make them responsible if their firearms were stolen. No thanks. No more gun legislation. Just catch those responsible for breaking the law and stealing weapons.

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi

Will be placed on probation or released in 6months...

:wrongdoor:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

its already a 10 year sentence for stealing a gun from a ffl, but I know for a fact that the government wont even handle a case unless it a "high" enough profile case, I'd bet that IF they find the criminals who stole the guns from gander mountain, they'll go for 10 years, yet the fine upstanding citizen who stole 2 handguns from the shop I work at, (and took one out of state when he moved, yes we know who took them, he was on tape), almost got away with it!, according to the atf, it wasn't a "high enough profile case" (yes their words!)

our local prosecutor wouldn't issue an arrest warrant because when he moved,because he moved "over 300 miles away", he was voted out in the election, and the new prosecutor issued an arrest warrant, and it just so happened that in the town he moved to, the swat team was training when the warrant came out, and did a "dynamic entry warrant", he was arrested and transported back here for trial, and by the time he went to trial, he was released with time served!

as with all gun laws, we don't need new laws!, we just need to enforce the existing laws!

Top Bottom