• ...and so much more!
  • gdun67

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Indiana
    Totally agree with indyguns and empire:

I understand you guys sending corp a e-mail or poll or whatever the hell it is your doing. GREAT, just dont bring that into the store. Take it out on the ones who make them prices. NOBODY in ANY gander mtn in the state of indiana can control the ammo prices. So send all the letters you want, and hopefully they'll lower the prices. THEN we all can be happy.

until then. shop at wal-mart :rockwoot:

ramick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Huntington
    I agree that gander mt is doing nothing more than driving customers away with their over pricing of ammo. Also when someone says "I work there and buy their ammo it's not so bad" lets not forget the discount im sure they get. That being said I can only speak for myself, but I can say that untill grander mt stops screwing people I will no longer shop there.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Your the same people that make a scene in public over some bs because you didnt get your way.
    First rule of retail: The customer is always right, even when they're wrong.

If your retired at 31 then you should have the money to pay for the ammo.
    Correct. But I didn't get that way by being an idiot paying Gander's prices.

Stop trying to be a hero to everyone and keep your mouth shut.
    Not this white boy. I don't ever 'shut my mouth' because it's what YOU'D prefer.

If YOU dont like the prices then YOU can take your buissness elsewhere.
    I do

No one at work is going to bend over backwards and give you a discount because your complaining.
    You're wrong, it happens all the time all over the country.

Look, while I am certain you're not a manager at Gander, I appreciate your defending your company; it's what you SHOULD do. But you yourself said you hate the prices. You've already admitted your prices are ridiculous in that you've also found ammo cheaper.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    For me it is not just the over priced ammo. Almost everything is over priced actually. Plus the staff is less than helpful. And not really knowledgeable about the products that have.

Empires Burn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    :rolleyes:

And this is one of the reasons I Do not visit Gander. :D
    You dont visit gander because we dont put on a happy smiling face and give everyone what they want? We sell guns and ammo among other things. We deal with people bitching every single day about one thing or another, ammo stock, prices, not having a certain size shirt ect ect. You cant please everyone and if you dont want to visit gander that is ok with me that 1-2 less bitching customers.

Im just like you guys, I shoot, hunt and fish. I dont like the prices going up but I deal with it because I understand. I dont make threads slandering places when I know I can find ammo cheaper. I simply go buy it cheaper.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Thank you. Thats all im saying. Posting a thread because you dont like the prices is useless, your acting as if your voice actually counts.

The thread was posted with a link to email the responsible parties at corporate. This is where the voices ARE heard.

I agree with GDUN67, it's not the store's fault. But just as any other business, the one we interact with IS the company. If you're working there, and I bitch about your prices to your face in the store, it's because YOU ARE Gander Mountain; at that time, at that place.

gdun67

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Indiana
    Jeremy, are you serious?

Staff doesnt know much? haha. Now this thread is just getting stupid. Listen guys we know the ammo prices are dumb. Just dont shop there. But as far as hammering gander and saying that we dont know much, or were not helpful is dumb. Everyone at that store goes out of their way to help whoever they can.

Empires Burn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    First rule of retail: The customer is always right, even when they're wrong.

Correct. But I didn't get that way by being an idiot paying Gander's prices.

Not this white boy. I don't ever 'shut my mouth' because it's what YOU'D prefer.

I do

You're wrong, it happens all the time all over the country.

Look, while I am certain you're not a manager at Gander, I appreciate your defending your company; it's what you SHOULD do. But you yourself said you hate the prices. You've already admitted your prices are ridiculous in that you've also found ammo cheaper.
    I dont like the prices but if you read what I wrote I understand that it is not Ganders fault the prices went up. Talk to Hornaday, Wolf, Remenigton, Federal ect. ect. Write them, Gander has to go buy them. We dont just randomly one day decide to raise the prices.

As for the staff being less than helpful I apologize that you had a negitive experiance but if you had delt w me I am sure I would ahve been able to help you.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    You dont visit gander because we dont put on a happy smiling face and give everyone what they want? We sell guns and ammo among other things. We deal with people bitching every single day about one thing or another, ammo stock, prices, not having a certain size shirt ect ect. You cant please everyone and if you dont want to visit gander that is ok with me that 1-2 less bitching customers.

Im just like you guys, I shoot, hunt and fish. I dont like the prices going up but I deal with it because I understand. I dont make threads slandering places when I know I can find ammo cheaper. I simply go buy it cheaper.

I do not expect nor do I demand a happy smiling face from your staff. I do not demand no do I expect you to give me crap for free.

What I do expect and demand is knowledge of the products you do carry. When I purchase items I will be using them at the ass end of nowhere. My life and the lives of my team may hinge on there performance. Not just in some suburban wooded lot. I hunt things that can kill me, actually they are probably hunting me also. So your staffs lack of training, knowledge, and poor customer relations matter a lot to me. That is actually possibly the main reason why I prefer not to deal with Your chain. :twocents:

Empires Burn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    I do not expect nor do I demand a happy smiling face from your staff. I do not demand no do I expect you to give me crap for free.

What I do expect and demand is knowledge of the products you do carry. When I purchase items I will be using them at the ass end of nowhere. My life and the lives of my team may hinge on there performance. Not just in some suburban wooded lot. I hunt things that can kill me, actually they are probably hunting me also. So your staffs lack of training, knowledge, and poor customer relations matter a lot to me. That is actually possibly the main reason why I prefer not to deal with Your chain. :twocents:
    Well im sure I would have been able to help you a bit better. I tend to know what im talking about. I dont deny that someone you might have delt w was ill informed and maybe under trained. Im sure you were probally at the castleton store as well.

But I assure you taht most of the people at our store are extreamly qualified in the fields they worl in. Most are pro staff or people who have been doing it for years. Again I apologize if you had a bad experiance.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Yes it was the Castleton store.

See that is the problem Empire. One stores attitude. Not just my business, but all my friends and families business as well. I will pay the extra cost for good staff. Just like I pay the price for Quality equipment. Service is what either keeps or chases customers from a store.

gdun67

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Indiana
    jeremy, listen man, were not trying to argue with you. Ammo prices we cannot help. Thanks for sending corp. a e-mail as maybe now we can get ammo cheaper as well. As far as you saying that were not "helpful" or dont know what were "talking about" thats completely untrue.

I mean we do live in indiana, and ive never been the hunted. Therefore i cant tell you that once upon a time in the african suffari i used a high powered rifle to kill a elephant, no. But what i can say, is i can help you the best i can. Gander is a great place. And if did something else besides bitch about ammo prices, you could probably see that.

But as far as i see it, ill be standing right next to you trying to grab all the ammo i can while the wal-mart employees unload it.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Jeremy, are you serious?

Staff doesnt know much? haha. Now this thread is just getting stupid. Listen guys we know the ammo prices are dumb. Just dont shop there. But as far as hammering gander and saying that we dont know much, or were not helpful is dumb. Everyone at that store goes out of their way to help whoever they can.

Yeah... your post just OOZES respect for your customer, and communicates clearly how you feel about them, as does this from your fellow sock-puppet:

and if you dont want to visit gander that is ok with me that 1-2 less bitching customers.

MMMM Baby, that just screams helpful and knowledgeable LOL.

Empires Burn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Yeah... your post just OOZES respect for your customer, and communicates clearly how you feel about them, as does this from your fellow sock-puppet:

MMMM Baby, that just screams helpful and knowledgeable LOL.
    You wouldnt know how helpful I could be. You spend to much time online trying to sound importiant.

Seriously end this thread mod. Its just getting stupid.

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    You wouldnt know how helpful I could be. You spend to much time online trying to sound importiant.

Seriously end this thread mod. Its just getting stupid.

Why do Gander Mountain's employees keep trying to end this thread? Don't they want folks to know the truth about their prices, practices, and the attitudes their employees have toward's their customers?

I think this thread is providing more valuable information with every post you and your buddies make. It really should stay open.

Empires Burn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    No more like you guys arent saying anything importiant. We understand you dont like the prices or the service you got. I apologized for the poor service you got at another gander. NOT mine. But your still being a douche.

Top Bottom