• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • caulfieldian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    West of Indy
    Sooo...I know several people have had AK "build parties" or have built their own AK's...has anyone out there built a Galil?

I'm a huge fan of the rifle and know there are US made milled receivers and all sorts of parts out there. Has anyone made one of these/heard about it?

I really don't have access to any machining tools, save to take it to a great gunsmith like AllenM to do, but I'd like to get my hands dirty as well on this.

Am I looking at more hassle than its worth? Also, I'm starting school soon so this will be a pretty drawn out project.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I built mine still fine tunning the fcg but its 95% and fires..... made the mistake of milling to large of a wrench flat on back end of the barrel so the handguard sometimes falls off... but i should be able to correct it... i have a home built barrel wrench, a extra reciever, a extra barrel and a few extra SAR parts

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I would love to build one of those. Always really liked them. Does anyone know "the place" to get all of the stuff?

caulfieldian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    West of Indy
    I've seen several sites online that either sell parts kits or receivers.

I think there's a few other forums where people have detailed posts about their builds...I'll do some research later and post up some links.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Saw12 on weaponsguild has the best step by step guide he help me quite a bit....no where close to ak build much more envolved... barrel requires shims and proper timing to achieve proper headspace and function. Where in ak you press the barrel and pin in place after headspacing..Everything else is pretty straight forward

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Saw12 on weaponsguild has the best step by step guide he help me quite a bit....no where close to ak build much more envolved... barrel requires shims and proper timing to achieve proper headspace and function. Where in ak you press the barrel and pin in place after headspacing..Everything else is pretty straight forward

I have to second the weaponsguild recommendation. Lot's of builders info on just about every gun you can think of. And the guys are realy helpful to the novice builders.

If you do build one please do a thread on the build on the forum! We would all love to see it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom