• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I bought my G19 first as it is overwhelmingly the favorite 9mm Glock around here. That said, my G26 is my everyday carry gun. Much more concealable. Best part, my G19 mags still work in the G26, so it's win-win!

jayeff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    I would advise a G26. You can carry it with a G17 or G19 mag with a sleeve on the mag to make the grip longer and the capacity larger if you want or carry it with the standard mag and extra G19 or G17 mags for reloads.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I carry the G26 with +2 extension in a High Noon tuckable. Easier to conceal than the 19, even with the extension. It really is only a matter of personal preference. Try them both in your hand. Start with the one that feels best. Add the other later.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I made the decision to pick up a Glock, and went with the 26. I put a +2 extension on the mag, and it fits my hand just fine without being too big to conceal easily.
    The capacity issue isnt hard to overcome either, as any 9mm mag for glocks will fit the 26. Either one should conceal well, obviously the smaller of the two would be easier though.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    In my opinion the 19 is probably the best all around carry gun, you get good capacity in a decently small size, but the 26 is small enough that it is bit more concealable. It all depends on what you are the most comfortable with, because if you aren't very comfortable with the gun you are carrying there is no telling what could happen if you needed to use it in a stressful situation.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Both are good guns, but I'd get the Glock 19. It's easier to use for training and practice which means you are more likely to do those things.

You don't carry a gun because carrying a gun is fun. You carry a gun because you might have to shoot someone. The 19 is a better fighting gun than the 26. It is just as easy to conceal especially when you start adding pinky extensions and +2s on the bottom of 26 mags.

NovemberKilo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Most people I know who own both state that if you can conceal a G26 very well, you can conceal a G19 very well too.

The G19 is my carry gun 95% of the time. I would like to add a G26 to the family at some point, but I am thinking about going even smaller with a Kahr.

How do you plan to carry? If you want to appendix carry or ankle carry, a G26 will likely serve you better. If you're going to carry in a strong-side hip holster, the size difference is almost negligible.

You're not going to go wrong with either choice, but as others have mentioned, the G19 is a phenomenal combat handgun. I am of the opinion that the G19 is the best all-around, multi-purpose, down-and-dirty firearm currently on the market.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    If you can, find one of each and see which feels better. As others have said, the G26 will accept all the Glock 9mm mags, so capacity isn't a big issue. With its shorter mag, the G26 has a smaller size in the area that's most problematic for easy concealment. Though people who praise the G19 don't seem to have a problem with that and, as others have mentioned, it's likely the most popular Glock for a reason.

In the end, it really comes down to "six of one, a half-dozen of the other." Really ...get six G19's and a half-dozen G26's! :D

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    Go with the 19 because if you take it to the range for fun, you'll enjoy it more than the 26. It's got the feel of a full-sized gun, but the concealment of a compact. Plus, you can't beat 15 rounds!

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I own a glock 19 and a glock 27 (.40). When I first started shooting pistols I tried a glock 23 (same size as the 19, just a .40). I couldnt hit a single thing no matter how close/far I got. I decided that the 19 was the best route for me as the 9mm is much easier to control, they are drastically cheaper than .40s, and you can carry a high capacity without getting a full size firearm.

After shooting thousands of rounds out of my 19, I decided I needed a smaller pistol for EDC (I am 135, 5 food 9) Im skinny and its easy to hide the subcompacts with a good belt and holster (wilderness belt, crossbreed supertuck holster).

Anyway, After getting good with pistols, I got the 27, I went to the range, Im actually pretty damn decent with it now. No marksman by any means, but I am confident that if I needed to use it, I would have good shot placement to get the job done.

After all of this, I am glad I have the 19. I LOVE that gun. I am very good with it and you can get 500 rounds for 90 bucks. But if I had to do it all over again and only pick one. It would be the 27.

(p.s. I REALLY want a glock 21 next LOL)

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    I attach a photo to show the difference between the G26 and 19. As you can see I have stacked a 26 on a 19 which is on a 34. The 26 has a +2 extension and still is smaller than the 19 in the grip area, which is the problem area for printing. I carry both, but mostly the G26 as it does conceal better.

picture.php

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I have carried both and would vote G19. They are both great but the 19 is easier to shoot and more fun to shoot and would not put you at much disadvantage if you wanted to try competition with it. excellent crossover gun IMO.

i now carry a G22 and my lady carries a G19

Top Bottom