• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    We all have lots of holsters. Especially if we like a little variety in our carry options. I chose to outfit my SW Shield with a kydex holster from G-Code Holsters. I had seen some reviews of their stuff before and I thought I would give it a try. I will have to admit one thing... the SW Shield is a small, light weight gun and I think any quality constructed holster would support it well. One thing to consider when choosing an IWB holster is the rigidity of the mouth of the holster. You absolutely do not want the mouth to collapse on itself after you draw the firearm... when re-holstering this could be an issue.

For the Incog Eclipse I chose the gray kydex with a gray "fuzz" finish on the outside. The fuzz is a suede like material that seems to keep the holster from sliding around. It does not offer much cushion for the body at all. I like to put a layer of moleskin on my AIWB holsters to add some cushion, however with the size, weight and design of this particular unit I don't think it will need it.

There is a red machined aluminum bracket that is positioned on the front of the holster. G-Code calls this their Super Mojo. for this particular holster the Super Mojo positions the angled belt clip more towards the center of the holster, which I like. It also gives this unit a "tuckable" option.

Now we move to the angled belt clip. This appears to the weakest point in the holster. If this piece were steel, this holster would be an A+. I feel the polymer belt clip may not last, but only time will tell. I do like the thought behind the angled belt clip. The idea behind it is that the position of the belt clip will push the grip of the gun closer to your body and pull the barrel out a little. With the small size of the Shield, this is hard for me to "Feel", so I can't really comment further.

Lets talk cost for a brief moment... the Incog is not the cheapest holster around. MSRP is $80 for the Shield. I do have some other holsters that I like from CompTac that work just as well for AIWB carry. Crossbreed has one as well that I have NOT tried yet (it was a close 2nd to the Incog!). What I notice with the G-Code vs the CompTac is quality and details... So I think you get what you pay for here.

Final Remarks... As I commented before, with the small size and weight of the Shield I think any quality kydex or leather holster will support the gun. The G-Code Incog Eclipse utilizes a great quality kydex, American Made components and great thought behind their products. I like the idea that you can integrate a mag carrier with these holsters for a great concealement system (which would be excellent for larger gun like a Glock, XD or Sig). The "Tuckable" option with the small size of the Shield is very nice with the angled belt clip makes for a clean looking system. Lastly, I would recommend this holster to those looking for a high quality AIWB holster with some great attention to detail and a clean and easy "tuck" option for their concealed carry system.

You can check out the G-Code Incog for the M&P Shield here --> https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/IS_ECLIPSE_074.html

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    image.jpg
    I've had mine for a few years. It has become my primary holster. Very comfortable and accessible on long car rides too!

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I had an original INCOG for my G19 which I love and still use. I ordered and Eclispe for my G43 and I dont like the way the holster rides now. So I modified the metal piece to be able to run it like the original INCOG and i carry it as my off duty.

Top Bottom